TDIClub Forums

TDIClub Forums (http://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php)
-   TDIClub and TDIClub Forum News, Issues, Problems and Suggestions (http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Switca (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=160)

VW Derf December 29th, 2002 10:21

Switca

I just received sad news from a friend of "Switca'(Matt):

Quote:

My name is Dave. I live in Connecticut. I grew up with 'Switca.' I have some sad news for you. Switca passed away in Ellsworth Maine where he was working at the time. He was a computer tech. He was the best in the business.

He died at 2:00 PM on December 3rd 2002. He was working in a hospital at the time.

I know he was a member of your forum for a few years. I would appreciate if you would inform your members of his death for me.

Our families were very close, and our friendship goes back 30 years.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My condolences go out to Switca's friends and family. Many of you may remember him from TDIFest 2000 and 2002. If you want to leave any comments for his family, feel free to leave it in this topic. I'll forward the link of this topic on through his friend to his family. He will be missed

Fred

dudybug December 29th, 2002 11:19

Re: Switca

[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Gary Miyakawa December 29th, 2002 11:25

Sad, Sad news....

You will be missed sir..

Gary Miyakawa

P.S. Obvious Fred, we sadly have a new entry for the Gone but not forgotten section....

chopchop December 29th, 2002 12:14

How very, very sad. Strangely, it had just struck me a couple of days ago that Switca hadn't been posting for a little while.

You'll be missed here, Switca.

My sincere condolences to his family & friends.

- Richard

SkyPup December 29th, 2002 12:41

What a bust..... we had a great time at the 2002 TDI Fest in Michigan too. I was wondering what was up as I hadn't heard from him for awhile either.

He had had a heart attack just about a year ago but at the fest he said that he was doing real well in spite of his cornary condition. This is indeed another sad day. I was glad to be able to share the time and thoughts we had together. God rest you soul.

Oo-v-oO December 29th, 2002 14:57

Bummer. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] What can you say?

-Lee

MaryP December 29th, 2002 15:38

This is too sad! I never met him, but he seemed like a really nice guy. My deepest sympathies to his family. It's amazing to me how well you can get to know some people on the forum and then when you meet them in real life---you feel like you've known them forever. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Land Duck December 29th, 2002 15:59

Sad indeed. Condolences to friends and family.

The Ripster December 29th, 2002 16:21

Switca arrived at the first TDI Fest on Thursday as I did. We took an evening boat ride and dinner down the river at Wilmington. He was very helpful and would volunteer at both Fests that I was able to attend. We also met up again at TDI Fest 2002. He could be spotted for the hat he wore that would cover his neck and ears from the sun, almost like Lawerence of Arabia. For those of you who might not remember I have posted his photo from TDI Fest 2002. He is on the left, with the neat hanging clip for his name tag he always used at the Fests he attended.

http://pics.tdiclub.com/members/The%...ter/Switca.jpg

He will be remembered by me as one of the original group, that travelled to GTG and Fests and was a support on line and in person. He is fondly remembered and will be missed.

MOGolf December 29th, 2002 16:41

We spent quite a bit of time together at the 2002 Fest, including just the two of us getting a late night meal down the street from the hotel. He was a person I had not met before, yet he made me feel like we had been friends for years.

You'll live on in my memory, Matt. Thanks for the friendship.

cars wanted December 29th, 2002 16:45

I met Switca at several GTGs. I saw him lose weight and generally improve his overall physical health and well-being over the last year or 2 since his first heart attack. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
It is indeed a cruel irony that he died after such careful attention to his health. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

My sincere condolences to his family and friends. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I was privileged to have met him.

96Wagon December 29th, 2002 18:10

I did not know him, but know he always had something good to add to the conversation.

I also was wondering why he had not posted for a while. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Sorry to his family.

tomo366 December 29th, 2002 18:29

Damn! I am really depressed!Gregor was a really great and funny guy!
This picture is from one of the first TDI GTG's
ever held! It was held at a truck stop in Fredererick MD on a real cold and windy day!
We ate, then stood in a Parking lot show and telling our cars! I was in attendance at probably 5-6 GTG's with Gregor he will be missed!
My Condolences to his family and friends!
http://www.valley-designs.com/tdigtg/IMAGE003.jpg

Route 66 December 29th, 2002 18:36

My condolences and deepest sympathy to his family and closest freinds, he will be missed.

TDI Believer December 29th, 2002 18:51

Damn. Switca was one of the first TDIers I met...at that same truckstop in Maryland some three years ago. Saw him in Wilmington at the first Fest too. He introduced himself to Dollie and I as "Switca of Arabia" with that hat thing he wore.

I'll miss ya guy...