TDIClub Forums

TDIClub Forums (http://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php)
-   TDIFest 2008 (http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Dent wizard & tint guy (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=221507)

Windjammer August 7th, 2008 13:23

Dent wizard & tint guy

Is anyone getting a dent wizard & tint guy to the fest? I can make contact with a few folks, but don't want to do double effort.

VeeDubTDI August 7th, 2008 13:26

I'm pretty sure there's another thread about a Dent Wizard... a tint guy would be nice, too.

If you're up for it, take the initiative and call around since nobody else has updated the other thread with progress.

Thanks!

Growler August 8th, 2008 13:21

If you can get a tint guy, go for it, we dont have one yet.

I am sure someone in the planning group was going to get ahold of a Dent Wizard they knew.

VeeDubTDI August 8th, 2008 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Growler
I am sure someone in the planning group was going to get ahold of a Dent Wizard they knew.

Yes, but people need to confirm these things. The "I'm sure someone..." and "Well, we thought..." are great, but there needs to be a commitment from the planners to either making this happen, or asking someone else to do it because there are too many other things to do. Leaving it up in the air to see what comes out in the wash is going to leave us high and dry at Fest.

MikeS_18 August 11th, 2008 06:44

werd.

VeeDubTDI August 11th, 2008 09:55

I am calling Dent Wizard today to see what they can do for us. I will also be calling a tint guy. The plan is to get them there on Saturday so that people can get their cars tinted and undented for the show and shine on Sunday.

I will update you all in a couple of hours. :cool:

VeeDubTDI August 11th, 2008 10:48

Head Count

Guys, I have a call in to Dent Wizard's regional manager, and I'm waiting for him to call back.

I need to get a head count for the following two things.
  1. Dent Wizard's services.
  2. Window tinting.
It would be great to have this by the end of the week so that I can give these people some more information. I need to know when to ask them to get here on Saturday, and a rough idea of when they'll be able to leave.

Thanks for your cooperation!

(I'll start a sign-up sheet post with everyone's names as soon as people start "signing up".)

VeeDubTDI August 11th, 2008 10:51

Dent Wiz / Tint List

Dent Wizard & Window Tinting
Sign-Up Sheet

Dent Wizard:
  1. kromicacid - 2 dents
  2. Growler - 1, maybe 2 dents
  3. Lex4TDI4Life - 2 dents, maybe 3
  4. blubry2 - 1 dent
Window Tinting:
  1. VeeDubTDI - VW Mk2 Jetta - 35% front/rear
  2. compu_85 - Mercedes 350SDL - 50% front/rear
  3. Lex4TDI4Life - VW Mk4 Golf - 35% front/rear
  4. tomo366 - Chevy HHR - factory match
  5. CoJoNEs - VW Mk4 Golf - 20%? front/rear
  6. Windjammer - VW Mk5 Jetta - Ohio limit front/rear
This post will be updated daily, as people sign up. The order in this post does not reflect the order in which services will be rendered. All services will be provided on a First Come/First Served basis.

Lex4TDI4Life August 11th, 2008 10:53

tinting for me, please. what kind of prices are we looking at, roughly?

VeeDubTDI August 11th, 2008 11:06

I have no idea about pricing yet. It will likely depend on a couple of things. 1.) What kind of car you have, and 2.) How many other people are signed up. I can't guarantee anything, but I am going to try and get them to do pricing in a similar manner to a "group buy."

VeeDubTDI August 11th, 2008 11:26

We're probably looking at $100 - $250 for tinting, depending on what you want to have done, and what quality tint you want. Hint: you get what you pay for.

meganuke August 11th, 2008 11:30

That's really cheap. It cost me over $300 to have my wagon tinted a few years ago.

Nice job picking up the ball and running with it, Lawson.

VeeDubTDI August 11th, 2008 11:32

Thanks Keith.

I paid $200 to have a guy come to my house and do my Beetle back in 2000.

I will be sure to inquire about the quality of tint that this guy has. The cheap stuff isn't good. I'd rather spend a little extra money to get the quality tint, and I'm sure most of you would agree with me. I will also ask if he can bring various percentages (5% - 50%) and styles (black, color, semi-metallic, etc.).

CoJoNEs August 11th, 2008 11:46

add me to the list for a dark percent tint (high quality) if possible

VeeDubTDI August 11th, 2008 11:54

You got it! :)