TDIClub Forums

TDIClub Forums (http://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php)
-   Future TDIFests (http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   TDIFest 2014 -Looking for Expressions of Interest (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=377417)

VW Derf February 17th, 2013 06:04

TDIFest 2014 -Looking for Expressions of Interest

Hi Everyone,

Now that the location of TDIFest 2013 has been announced, it really not too early to start thinking about TDIFest 2014. Often there is a lot of talk about where TDIFest should be, but the reality is the key is the WHO and not the WHERE.

A few years ago I started starting the process a little earlier with a requesting "expression of interest" by a group interested in hosting and planning the next TDIFest rather than a full proposal from the get go. I will then work with the groups to see if a viable proposal can be put together.

With this in mind the first thing I'm looking for is an "expression of interest" which is easier to put together and will require the following:
At least five(5) TDIClub members who are are willing to work together as a group to hosting the next TDIFest.
The location you think would work for the next TDIFest and where at least of the group lives nearby.
A few reasons why this location would be a good fit

This year I would like to announce the location of TDIFest 2014 at TDIFest 2013 so I'm getting this process started early. I am asking that these expressions of interest be submitted by May 30th, 2013.

After that the next step will be to put together an official proposal and send it to me by July 15th, 2013. I will then select the next group and location from the submitted proposals. For details on what is required for the proposals, please check out a previous years thread on putting together a proposal..

If you have any questions fire me an email or PM and remember the expressions of interest are due by May 30th, 2013.

Thanks

VeeDubTDI February 17th, 2013 07:33

Denver anyone? :D

99.5GOlf February 17th, 2013 07:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeeDubTDI (Post 4098564)
Denver anyone? :D

I second this.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

bhtooefr February 17th, 2013 14:35

http://bhtooefr.org/images/tdifestlocations2013.png
(click for the map of all locations)

Denver sounds good.

romad February 17th, 2013 16:06

I'd like to go to one in Vancouver or Victoria, British Columbia. For U.S. locales, Nevada or Arizona would be nice. Perhaps the Reno-Carson City area for the former; Flagstaff for the latter.

JSWTDI09 February 17th, 2013 16:14

Denver would work for me, but what I would really like to see would be to have it in the Southwest (where it has never been). Las Vegas and Phoenix would probably be too hot over the labor day weekend, but I would be more than happy to help get one organized in Southern California. Los Angeles or San Diego would both work great. San Francisco bay area or even Flagstaff or Albuquerque would also work. I'm just looking for someplace within a one day drive. I know that there are many active TDIClub members in the LA area (I have met many of them) and there is probably a good chance we could get some sponsorship from Riverside VW. All it would take is a few more people to be willing to work for this. Any volunteers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by romad (Post 4099090)
I'd like to go to one in Vancouver or Victoria, British Columbia. For U.S. locales, Nevada or Arizona would be nice. Perhaps the Reno-Carson City area for the former; Flagstaff for the latter.

How about your own home state, someplace like San Diego?

Have Fun!

Don

romad February 17th, 2013 16:21

I don't want to inflict the CPR on others! The less business brought here the better until there is a regime change to a pro-business climate. If it wasn't for my parents, I never would have come back.

It was temperature considerations that led me to suggest Reno-Carson City vice Las Vegas and Flagstaff vice Phoenix. The CPR is usually in the 100˚ plus range except up in the Sierras, Cascades, North Coast, etc. In SoCal, it might be best to think Big Bear/Lake Arrowhead in the San Bernardinos.

bhtooefr February 18th, 2013 10:55

Denver thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=377552

B100 February 19th, 2013 16:06

Please ignore obvious troll - California has many excellent sites for an early September TDIFest, and strong local groups of TDI owners. But strong enough to pull off an international 'Fest? That's the question.

jasonTDI February 19th, 2013 18:31

BeZerkley... Madistans...sister crazy city.

BMKruse March 17th, 2013 14:15

The Homestead @ Hot Springs, VA

BrentRN March 17th, 2013 15:26

I've been hoping some members in the South could put together a Fest in Chattanooga, Tennessee. There is the VW plant there to tour, the many tourist attractions of Tennessee, and would be accessible to much of the mid-Atlantic, eastern Mid-West, and the South.

PeterV March 17th, 2013 15:32

Hint talking is cheap put together a team and do it.

there are only 3 people that are 100% Fest attendees.

VeeDubTDI March 17th, 2013 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMKruse (Post 4128916)
The Homestead @ Hot Springs, VA

Why do you think we should explore this location?

bhtooefr March 17th, 2013 15:48

Brent: It'd be nice to see a Chattanooga fest, but I think you'll find that finding a venue that offers sufficient parking will be difficult, and free parking to be nearly impossible.

You might pull it off if you get a hotel in the middle of nowhere, but then you're a couple hours away from Chattanooga. (There was one resort that looked promising, about 2 hours away from Chattanooga, but it was a dry facility. And another that looked promising, about 1.5 hours away from Chattanooga, but their rates were going to be too high.)

The Marriott downtown may work, if you can get the roof of the parking garage for the show and shine, but people may not like paying for parking.