TDIClub Forums

TDIClub Forums (http://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php)
-   West Coast Canada/USA (http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Bay Area Meetups? (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=480965)

shetoru August 24th, 2017 01:16

Bay Area Meetups?

Hi Everyone,

Would anyone be interested in a social GTG in the Bay Area? No wrenching needed, just to get to know people in the area, or did I arrive to the forums too many years too late?

I know the owner of a great bar in Oakland who could work with us or we can just meet up informally.

What do you all think?

romad August 29th, 2017 19:10

There used to be Spring and Fall GTGs but a few years ago one a$$whole had a hissy fit and filed complaints against a vendor, complained to the owner where the GTGs had met for years, etc., so they were shut down. People would come from all over the West Coast to them. You might get a few locals for just a social meet but not the numbers that used to attend.

dirtride August 30th, 2017 19:35

The TDI GTG's we had were great. Only went to a few, and was at the one that "special person" attended.

I like the idea of a run and bench racing, not soo much wrenching.

I used to run with norcalUFO, when I had a 510. Good times!

HoneyBadger September 19th, 2017 05:28

I'd be down for either. It sounds like there is potential for it to turn into something big again, but maybe just start with something informal?

MarsBar September 19th, 2017 10:34

I'd be thrilled to have anything again!

OnePutt October 30th, 2017 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by romad (Post 5321899)
There used to be Spring and Fall GTGs but a few years ago one a$$whole had a hissy fit and filed complaints against a vendor, complained to the owner where the GTGs had met for years, etc., so they were shut down. People would come from all over the West Coast to them. You might get a few locals for just a social meet but not the numbers that used to attend.

Oh man...those were good days Romad...I enjoyed kicking it in the sun for a few hours at those GTG's. I wasn't aware of how/why these GTG's stopped....

Hows the wagon treating you? I just fixed a boost leak on my lower intercooler pipe and now it drives pretty good...not perfect...but way better than before.

I'd love to come to a GTG...I haven't seen some of y'all in 3/4 years.

romad October 30th, 2017 17:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnePutt (Post 5343230)
Oh man...those were good days Romad...I enjoyed kicking it in the sun for a few hours at those GTG's. I wasn't aware of how/why these GTG's stopped....

Hows the wagon treating you? I just fixed a boost leak on my lower intercooler pipe and now it drives pretty good...not perfect...but way better than before.

I'd love to come to a GTG...I haven't seen some of y'all in 3/4 years.

Wagon is running fine. Matt did a 120K service on it in April. I drove it up to just south of Salem, OR in August for the eclipse viewing.

NewTdi November 4th, 2017 22:55

Maybe it is time to organize one again. Let me figure it out ...

HoneyBadger November 5th, 2017 16:27

If you need any help, let me know I'm interested in helping to make this happen.

tothemax November 22nd, 2017 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewTdi (Post 5345043)
Maybe it is time to organize one again. Let me figure it out ...

Hoo Rah!! Let me know if you need any help Andrew.. Not having any wrenching makes it so much simpler...
Lots of parks rent picnic space .. there is Briones... Wildcat ... Tilden ... BYOB and BYO food... lots of options...
Maybe we could do it at the park parking lot right next to Richmond Gun club and everyone can bring their toys ...

ELM December 17th, 2017 10:11

I'm in if a GTG happens. I only made it to the last few of them.

highender February 4th, 2018 22:18

hey .... i am open to a gtg...

let me know.

volksjaeger February 13th, 2018 10:11

yeah I'd be down for a meetup. Not sure which TDI I would drive to it as I have 4 of them. Or maybe everyone wants to see the only non-diesel VW product I have-- the GT4. ;)

Nevada_TDI February 15th, 2018 11:22

I would love to finally go to a GTG or at least something that resembles one. I have only met four other TDI owners in person; two I fired up my VCDS for. I will hope Northern-ish California to happen; I am three hours from the Bay Area.

zanzabar February 15th, 2018 17:30

I'm getting back into the TDI game. Picking up my old 2004 Jetta that I used to own and am planning on racing it in LeMons/Champ/Lucky Dog. Maybe I'll have a build weekend GTG at some point in April or May? If anyone's interested in racing with me send me a PM.