TDIClub Forums

TDIClub Forums (http://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php)
-   TDIFest 2013 (http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TDIFest 2013 coming to Sunday River Ski Resort (Newry, Maine) (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=377411)

VW Derf February 17th, 2013 06:16

TDIFest 2013 coming to Sunday River Ski Resort (Newry, Maine)

The location of TDIFest 2013 finally has been selected. Yes, this announcement is later than normal, but it is now official that TDIFest 2013 will be coming the Sunday River ski resort, which is near Newrly, Main on the Labour Day weekend (August 30th to September 1st, 2013).

This year's crew will be led by Steve (Sootman) and Lawson (VeeDubTDI) with the core support coming from Andrew (GeekDrew), Mike (BlueCTTDi) and RichC from CinciTDI.

The selected hotel is the Grand Summit Hotel and Conference Center (http://www.sundayriver.com/lodging/L...mmitHotel.html) and hotel reservation details will be coming very soon, probably before the end of the month and TDIFest registration will be opening in the next few months.

Once again, congratulations to this year's organizing committee and hope to see you in Maine.

VeeDubTDI February 17th, 2013 07:36

Woohoo! This location is amazing - we went up and visited on Jan 2nd to scope it out and I think the layout is going to be great. There are a ton of outdoor activities in the summer, hiking, biking, zip lines, ATV rentals in town, etc.

Anyone interested in volunteering for event management and advanced planning, please send a PM to sootman with your contact information. We have a few "positions" open as well as general volunteer slots. :cool:

MonsterTDI09 February 17th, 2013 07:39

Just a 8hrs drive,looks like a real nice place:).We will be there.

IndigoBlueWagon February 17th, 2013 07:50

Great news. Sunday River is a nice mountain, Bethel (closest town) is a nice town. This will be fun.

VeeDubTDI February 17th, 2013 08:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndigoBlueWagon (Post 4098533)
Great news. Sunday River is a nice mountain, Bethel (closest town) is a nice town. This will be fun.

I really enjoyed my quick tour through Bethel - great local shops and plenty of places to explore. :cool:

TDIMeister February 17th, 2013 08:26

Sweet - I expect to make it!

Ski in NC February 17th, 2013 08:28

Maine in late summer... Nice.

romad February 17th, 2013 09:38

Bummer - too far away.

PeterV February 17th, 2013 09:46

Ca is NOT too far away you drive A DIESEL..............

In addition the Maine sea Coast is a New England jewel as is the whole Northeast Kingdom as it is sometimes called.

Sootman has our 100% commitment from the Ho5G and the North East TDI Club members.

romad February 17th, 2013 10:07

I did last year, but I really don't want to do it again unless it is an emergency. Last year I was able to tie in a trip to the 150th anniversary commemoration of the Civil War battle where my Great-Great-Grandfather was killed. It was a three week trip.

BrentRN February 17th, 2013 11:20

I highly recommend a side trip to climb Mount Washington. It's a climb made for diesels.

VeeDubTDI February 17th, 2013 11:27

Driving roads

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrentRN (Post 4098724)
I highly recommend a side trip to climb Mount Washington. It's a climb made for diesels.

Great suggestion! The summit of Mt. Washington is an hour and twenty minutes from Sunday River and would definitely be a great afternoon jaunt. There are also a number of other great local drives - we'll be putting together some sort of a group drive this year, for sure!

GTiTDi February 17th, 2013 12:14

Cannot wait for this! There is no way I am letting Pod sit this one out! We will be leading a convoy of TDI's from the Cape area!

ymz February 17th, 2013 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by romad (Post 4098646)
I was able to tie in a trip to the 150th anniversary commemoration of the Civil War battle where my Great-Great-Grandfather was killed.

My condolences on the passing of your Great-Great-Grandfather...

Yuri.

BKmetz February 17th, 2013 13:30

Already have my vacation approved.

:)