TDIFest 2014 coming to St Louis, Missouri

Status
Not open for further replies.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
While pretty late this year, the location of TDIFest 2014 finally has been selected. To some this may not be a surprise, but it is now official that TDIFest 2014 will be coming to St Louis, Missouri on the Labour Day weekend (August 29th to August 31, 2014)

This year's crew will have some familiar faces; Lawson (VeeDubTDI), Andrew (GeekDrew), Sara (spacemonkeymafia) and RichC from CinciTDI as well as some new faces from St. Louis; Tom (TomJD) and Vince ( Dozenspeed).

The selected hotel is Holiday Inn St Louis SW - Route 66 (http://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/us/en/st.-louis/stlsw/hoteldetail). Hotel and TDIFest registration should be available by the end of May.

Once again, congratulations to this year's organizing committee and hope to see you in St. Louis.

Last edited by a moderator:

mishkaya

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
'06 Jetta 5MT, '10 JSW MT, '14 JSW 6MT
Woohoo! It's official! :D
I can't wait to sign up... :cool:

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Sounds great:). The Monsters will be there.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
I'll be there, but without the missus this year. Her sabbatical will be over and she'll be back to her professorial duties. :(

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
I will be there as well this year. No Missus this year though :(

now, to bring the golf, or the wagon....

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
I'll be there - of course I'll also have the truckloads of parts and be doing tunes too :)
Cheers!

JohnWilder

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta 5 spd manual
I've never been but would like to attend. Texas is not all that far from St. Louis. Is there some special place I sign up or register or do I just show up?

mishkaya

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
'06 Jetta 5MT, '10 JSW MT, '14 JSW 6MT
I've never been but would like to attend. Texas is not all that far from St. Louis. Is there some special place I sign up or register or do I just show up?
Registration page will be up in the near future I am sure. :)

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Registration & Event Details

Registration will be open by the 1st of June (or a bit sooner). We'll post all of the pricing and details in the coming weeks. :)

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
What about 2015

While pretty late this year, the location of TDIFest 2014 finally has been selected. To some this may not be a surprise, but it is now official that TDIFest 2014 will be coming to St Louis, Missouri on the Labour Day weekend (August 29th to August 31, 2014)

This year's crew will have some familiar faces; Lawson (VeeDubTDI), Andrew (GeekDrew), Sara (spacemonkeymafia) and RichC from CinciTDI as well as some new faces from St. Louis; Tom (TomJD) and Vince ( Dozenspeed).

The selected hotel is Holiday Inn St Louis SW - Route 66 (http://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/us/en/st.-louis/stlsw/hoteldetail). Hotel and TDIFest registration should be available by the end of May.

Once again, congratulations to this year's organizing committee and hope to see you in St. Louis.
Well, now that is done, perhaps you should start the 2015 thread! BTW, I hear Vancouver or Victoria, B.C. would be a good site. :D

It should be easy, just copy this post and make the appropriate year changes. ;)

Last edited:

pebjr

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta; 2015 Golf S
I was wondering if there will be a vendor list that will be attending. I was hoping to view some boost gauges for a VW 2009 TDI

VeeDubTDI

TDI

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Now I REALLY have to get the vacation time request in. I had been holding off pending finalized dates (yes, the fest has been other weekends).

VeeDubTDI

TDI
It hasn't been a different weekend in recent memory. It would be a massive format change to do it on a non-3-day weekend and my opinion is that attendance would suffer greatly. Regardless, definitely get that vacation time in! :cool:

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
Agreed, as it has always been on Labor Day weekend. I thought that Lug_Nut was confused by it being on different calendar dates, so I pointed out the spread of dates for Labor Day weekend.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Agreed, as it has always been on Labor Day weekend. I thought that Lug_Nut was confused by it being on different calendar dates, so I pointed out the spread of dates for Labor Day weekend.

It hasn't always been on Labor Day weekend, which was his point. The Utah Fest was shortly after 9-11-01 and I think there was another one or two early on that fell on different dates.

My point was that Labor Day works well for a large number of people, being a 3-day weekend. I don't anticipate it changing any time in the near future, but anything could happen. It is prudent to wait for an official announcement of dates before requesting time off.

Are you going to make the trip out this year romad? :)

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
While it is most probably that the event will land on the Labour Day weekend, it is not guaranteed. In the RFP, I've stated if there is a strong enough reason to use a different date, it would be looked at. That said to date only once has it not been on the Labour Day weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.