Las Vegas or San Diego area

dewats

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 2015 TDI SE DSG
Is there anyone out there that could help me do egr, timing check and recalibrate reported injection quantity at warm idle to around 3.0 mg/stroke on a 03 Jetta auto?

I just installed pp520 and love the power but a bit of smoke needs to go.

I live in Las Vegas but am traveling to San Diego 1/21-24

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

MRIBOB

Veteran Member
TDI
None- Jetta-0 - Mexico 1
I am here in San Diego/Chula Vista area/ Tijuana

There is another fellow Denis that is here also that has VagCOM. I dont know how busy he is these days.

See VAGCOM LIST at top of screen and look for CA and NV for a list of all the guys.

Post or email the times place when you will be here and maybe someone can meet up with you. I am happy to help but there are a few of us here in SD. What you are asking is very easy and only takes a few min to do.

Stevosd

TDI
Beetle, 2002, Black
I'm here in No.County SD. Denis is a great guy down in Chula Vista. If you message me, I will give you Denis' email addy and perhaps he can help you. I'd like to know how your nozzled TDI compares to a chipped TDI. Let me know when you pass through Oceanside when you come down.

dewats

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 2015 TDI SE DSG
Thanks MRIBOB and Stevosd. Stevo I'll send you the PM later or in the A.M. I gotta help get the kids to bed. doh

Thanks again.

Denis

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GL 5sp, 2002, White
I'm available on the 21st if that's Wednesday. Do you have an after market radio? We can get all that done without any problems. What do you figure you'd want the I.Q. set at?

Hey Steve, how's that Evry mod doing?

Denis

dewats

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 2015 TDI SE DSG
Denis,

21 is Wednesday. I only know about the I.Q. seting that I've read in the FAQ. No aftermarket radio. Thanks for the help. I'll PM you contact info for Wednesday.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Denis

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GL 5sp, 2002, White
Doug, it was great meeting you and working on your car, but it even better taking a ride in it with those new PP520 nozzles! I'm really impressed with the power and it's an automatic. I do believe a fuel injector nozzle upgrade gives you the most bank for the bucks! Great car.

Denis

dewats

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 2015 TDI SE DSG
Denis,

I just got back to Las Vegas. The wife and I really enjoyed the San Diego area this weekend.

Thanks again for the help. I really appreciate it. I found the Costco and the AM/PM with ULSD just like you said. What a difference from the Nevada diesel I normally use. The engine is very smooth and quiet on that stuff. Funny thing is, that EC diesel right in Old Town was $1.679 a gallon. My normal crap here is $1.759. If ulsd EC diesel can be had for that price in a resort area now, there shouldn't be any price increases later.

The nozzles are a great addition. This is how it should be from the manufacturer.

If you ever make it to Las Vegas let me know.

Thanks again,

Doug