TDIClub Forums

TDIClub Forums (http://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php)
-   Eastern USA (http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Connecticut TDI owners roll call (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=492780)

Chris_TDI_98 September 29th, 2018 07:18

Connecticut TDI owners roll call

Put your first name and vehicle ( if itís not listed on your profile )

Anyone with experience remove replace seals on the mk3 TDI Injection Pump ??
Iím looking to make a nice step by step video of this, for sharing with all the TDI owners here on TDI club and the internet.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/rZ...siHdayBPA=w800

Timmasonjr September 29th, 2018 08:59

Tim here in Hebron. Have a 03 golf. Iíve never replaced seals but I have changed pumps out 3 times. I also Have the tool to open the IP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jck66 October 3rd, 2018 09:11

John down on the gold coast.

When the pump leaked on my 97 Passat, I had it replaced altogether. It wasn't cheap. On the other hand, my mpg's rebounded from 35 to 45 overnight! Sometimes I miss that car and its relative simplicity...

Good luck with your seals.

dieselnuts October 14th, 2018 13:49

Al in Ashford. I've replaced the top, head and the front seals at different times. I run WVO and it is hard on seals. What seals are you leaking from?

JM Popaleetus October 16th, 2018 16:58

Oh hai.

Chris_TDI_98 October 17th, 2018 18:30

Hey guys!
Quote:

Originally Posted by dieselnuts (Post 5448894)
Al in Ashford. I've replaced the top, head and the front seals at different times. I run WVO and it is hard on seals. What seals are you leaking from?

For real, I donít rememver which seals are called what!

Is there a good diagram online with labels ? Or I can do another search, yet last time I did a search for that I got confused, they show diagrams without labels and about 5 different versions of the pump depending on if you have AC itís supposedly larger?

dieselnuts October 26th, 2018 17:52

I have the ALH motor. I believe we have the same pump. If you like we can get together and compare since we are so close. Send me a PM.

Chris_TDI_98 October 30th, 2018 11:41

Sent pm

Chris_TDI_98 October 30th, 2018 11:45

If somebody could draw on the picture of the pump above and indicate where are the top, head, and front seals, that’s be great.
I think there’s some O-ring seals for the four hard lines out to the injectors.
Any other seals?

ranger pete May 15th, 2019 14:24

Pete in Ellington.

New owner of fixed '11 JSW MT.

Particularly interested in talking to other "fixed" owners regarding future emissions inspections.

1854sailor May 15th, 2019 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_TDI_98 (Post 5453682)
If somebody could draw on the picture of the pump above and indicate where are the top, head, and front seals, that’s be great.
I think there’s some O-ring seals for the four hard lines out to the injectors.
Any other seals?

Not drawing any pictures, but the seals that are usually the culprits are as follows. If you look at the pump you will see four major parts: a. The Cover, b. The Quantity Adjuster under it, c. The Pump Body under the QA, and d. The Head with the fuel lines attached to it. There is a seal between the Cover and the QA, one between the QA and the Body, and one between the Body and the Head. They can be replaced without removing the pump from the car if you are VERY careful. HERE is how it is done. As Tim in Hebron said, there is a special tool needed to remove the triangular headed bolt.

1854sailor May 15th, 2019 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranger pete (Post 5508547)
Pete in Ellington.

New owner of fixed '11 JSW MT.

Particularly interested in talking to other "fixed" owners regarding future emissions inspections.

What does this have to do with the OP's question about IP seals? Why not start your own thread in the appropriate Forum.

ranger pete May 15th, 2019 18:45

The title of the thread was Ct TDI owners roll call.

Being a Ct owner of a tdi I responded to it. Interested in talking to fellow CT TDI owners about Ct emissions tests.

gutts June 3rd, 2019 19:49

Dave
Higganum ! ( just south of Middletown)
2002 gls 5 speed
1999.5 5 speed UTE !
There is a nice car show at the Haddam Meadows in Haddam on the Ct river coming up July 14th . I will have my Ute there . Great venue . Mini GTG ??

Chris_TDI_98 September 17th, 2019 16:02

Hi gutts, I'm sorry I missed your post about the Haddam Meadows car show on July 14th. I think the forum isnt sending me notifications of replies to threads I'm on. I would've definitely gone to get together with you and whoever else from tidclub showed up!