USB driver for Vag-Com 409.1

Fblokland

TDI
Passat wagon, 2005, silver
Hi,
I have a 97 Passat TDI, B4 and have had Vag-Com on my laptop (older Thinkpad running Windows XP) for a while. I bought the the usb cable thing from ZD Mack about a year ago. Recently I finally tried to make it work, but my computer does not recognize the usb driver. The Vac-Com program is installed, but when I plug in the usb connector, the computer does not recognize it. Can some one help?
Frans

Fblokland

TDI
Hmm, I guess that's what it is. Was it supposed to come with a cd? If you have a cd for it, that would be great. Let me reimburse you.
Thanks,
Frans

Last edited:

Lee_Taylor

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A3 1.4 COD
Frans I don't recommend putting your address on here. You never know who might find it useful and it would not be hard to guess your details. The driver you likely need should be available here. If you need to send a message send a pm.

http://www.ftdichip.com/FTDrivers.htm

Most likely you will need to tweak your com port setting. You need to do a search on here. There are lots of articles about getting cheap cables to work.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=224167

Last edited:

Fblokland

TDI
Lee,
Thanks for your comments. I will go to those web sites and try to figure things out. Also thanks for the warning about posting my address. I tend to be too naive about these things.

penclnck

You might not want to include the copy of Ross Tech's software, as I understand it, Ross Tech does not want anyone distributing their software, but rather for all end users to download it from their website.

Shawnz

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta GLS TDI, ex-O1M
Good deal - I'll strip it out and let 'em get it direct. I had just zipped what was on the disk.

<edit - fixed>

Last edited: