TDIClub Forums

TDIClub Forums (http://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php)
-   VW Passat Family (NMS and B7) TDIs (2012+) (http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   new leftover 2015 Passat SE TDI...value? (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=488277)

hangman April 18th, 2018 14:15

new leftover 2015 Passat SE TDI...value?

Hey folks,

I bought a 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI which I have no regrets about buying.
I have enjoyed the car as well as @50 mpg highway fuel economy.

My girlfriend needs a new car after totaling her car yesterday hitting a deer.

I have a lead on a brand new leftover 2015 Passat SE TDI. It has the navigation, sunroof, had the emissions modifications. Its currently in the dealer showroom. He said they changed all the fluids, replaced the brakes and tires, and battery since its been sitting on a lot somewhere before they cleaned it up and put it in the showroom.

The original sticker price on the car was $32,240

Since its a 2015 new leftover which was modified Id like to know what price would be considered a good deal for her?

Thanks for any help on this.

Fixmy59bug April 18th, 2018 14:48

It seems buyback 2015 Passat SE's are selling for $13-16k with as low as 12k miles dependent on equipment.

I couldnt speculate on what a new one would go for.

hangman April 18th, 2018 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fixmy59bug (Post 5400557)
It seems buyback 2015 Passat SE's are selling for $13-16k with as low as 12k miles dependent on equipment.

but how about a new leftover 2015 Passat SE TDI with zero miles?

aja8888 April 18th, 2018 16:34

It's still a 2015 model. Maybe a slight premium for 0 miles. Drive it off the lot and it's used. It will depreciate like all the others.

KITEWAGON April 18th, 2018 16:39

What is the asking price? If it’s in the showroom they probably thinks it’s precious or something.

hangman April 18th, 2018 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by KITEWAGON (Post 5400592)
What is the asking price? If it’s in the showroom they probably thinks it’s precious or something.

Right now the dealer is asking about $24,600

If I can get him down 1000 or two she will probably buy it

jrm April 18th, 2018 20:11

nope nope nope, lots of us here bought em new for less than that back in 2014 with zero tax (me) that's a $16k car tops as VW gave that dealer $8k to do the modification :eek: if it was a SEL maybe 19k, maybe......lots more (thousands actually) in holding lots ready to be resold, no rush!

hangman April 18th, 2018 20:45

The ones in the lots are used and can’t be modified for the emissions

Volkswagen will be selling those cars overseas.

This is a new 2015 Passat TDI SE with no mileage and full warranty

It has already had the emissions modification done. They changed all the fluids, replaced the brakes and the tires. They also put a new battery in it.

The sticker price on the vehicle is over $32,000

I sincerely doubt they’re going to sell the car for $18,000

jrm April 18th, 2018 20:52

double check your sources and make sure that source isn't a sales person :D Local dealers here get lots of the stored cars model year 2011+ to resell

740GLE April 19th, 2018 05:47

Check what they stated regarding the work performed on the car, ask for the work order. Our sales guy told us the same thing, except they didn't touch the brakes, VWoA said go pound sand, the issue is with you and your dealer. I also had to fight for them to replace the battery.

We paid about 35K-8,5K from VWoA for our '15 SEL last year, in hind sight we should have waited for a cherry '15 buyback with 20K on it and saved a good chunk of change but the wife likes being the first owner of her car. The dealer made bank on us as they hadn't sold a Passat for MSRP for ages.

Just keep in mind the dealer has may have had this car for over a year and there maybe a reason for it. Don't get caught up in this particular car, do some wide internet searches make some calls, compare prices of slightly used rides (they get the same emissions warranty, and B2B if they are CPO) use those values to weigh against this car.

best case you find a gem a few 1,000 miles away, fly there drive home and save bank on the one your looking at.

740GLE April 19th, 2018 05:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrm (Post 5400698)
double check your sources and make sure that source isn't a sales person :D Local dealers here get lots of the stored cars model year 2011+ to resell

FYI there were no such thing as a 2011 NMS Passat ;)

hangman April 19th, 2018 06:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by 740GLE (Post 5400768)
Check what they stated regarding the work performed on the car, ask for the work order. Our sales guy told us the same thing, except they didn't touch the brakes, VWoA said go pound sand, the issue is with you and your dealer. I also had to fight for them to replace the battery.
We paid about 35K-8,5K from VWoA for our '15 SEL last year, in hind sight we should have waited for a cherry '15 buyback with 20K on it and saved a good chunk of change but the wife likes being the first owner of her car. The dealer made bank on us as they hadn't sold a Passat for MSRP for ages.
Just keep in mind the dealer has may have had this car for over a year and there maybe a reason for it. Don't get caught up in this particular car, do some wide internet searches make some calls, compare prices of slightly used rides (they get the same emissions warranty, and B2B if they are CPO) use those values to weigh against this car.
best case you find a gem a few 1,000 miles away, fly there drive home and save bank on the one your looking at.

“We paid about 35K-8,5K from VWoA for our '15 SEL last year”

Please forgive me however I can’t quite understand what you’re saying here. They understand that I should verify that the work they say that they did to the car had actually been done. 35K-8,5k? This is what I’m not understanding? Can you elaborate ? Thanks

rustycat April 19th, 2018 07:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by hangman (Post 5400779)
“We paid about 35K-8,5K from VWoA for our '15 SEL last year”
Please forgive me however I can’t quite understand what you’re saying here. They understand that I should verify that the work they say that they did to the car had actually been done. 35K-8,5k? This is what I’m not understanding? Can you elaborate ? Thanks

He's saying (in shorthand), under a deal VW had last year if you leased a "new" 2015, they discounted the price to $26.5, then after signing the lease, pay off the car and your cost to purchase is $26.5 plus tax.
That's precisely what we did, and sure we could have done "better" if we just went into the open market and bought a private party car, but the car was new, and frankly, there isn't a car, be it an Audi, BMW, Lexus, etc. that would better suit our needs--especially going forward with fuel prices setting up to move dramatically higher.

JoshMcMadMac April 19th, 2018 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by hangman (Post 5400695)
The ones in the lots are used and can’t be modified for the emissions

That is entirely untrue.

Quote:

Volkswagen will be selling those cars overseas.

Same as above.

Quote:

This is a new 2015 Passat TDI SE with no mileage and full warranty

It is a three and a half year old car, regardless of mileage. Get a low-mileage "used" one for half the price, and with the modification done it will have a better-than-full warranty.

740GLE April 19th, 2018 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustycat (Post 5400798)
He's saying (in shorthand), under a deal VW had last year if you leased a "new" 2015, they discounted the price to $26.5, then after signing the lease, pay off the car and your cost to purchase is $26.5 plus tax.
That's precisely what we did, and sure we could have done "better" if we just went into the open market and bought a private party car, but the car was new, and frankly, there isn't a car, be it an Audi, BMW, Lexus, etc. that would better suit our needs--especially going forward with fuel prices setting up to move dramatically higher.

bingo, not sure if the VWoA lease/finance deals are still on the table. It was 8.5/5K off respectively.

Last year there were some dealers that reported not even offering the VWoA rebate, or adding "market adjustment" negating the rebate.