Audi A6 TDI

durallymax

Veteran Member
TDI
A6 TDI & Cup Edition
Decided to upgrade to a nicer TDI the other day, an A6 TDI Prestige. Aside from being a prestige it is pretty basic, the only additional upgrades are full LED headlights, Cold weather pack (heated wheel, heated real seats) and the Glacier White Metallic paint (looks like white).

I was driving a TDI Cup Edition Jetta and decided to look at Audis after I tallied up what the mods to the Jetta would've cost and at the end of the day I'd still have a Jetta. I love that Jetta and I think the thunderbunny Cups are one of the best looking Jetta ever, but the Audi is just nicer to drive for normal driving. It's a bit more boring, but exponentially more comfortable. The seats are a bit flat though which would suck on a road course. For awhile I thought Audi's MMI concept was a bit odd, now I'm sold, touchscreens suck.

I really can't tell if it's any quicker than my tuned Jetta. It feels like it isn't, but "speed" feels much different in that car. I find myself doing 80 when I think I'm doing 60. It's so smooth and quiet. The V6 TDI torque does put you back in your seat and the 8spd cruises just over 1600rpm@80mph. On the same exact 350 mile trip, Audi got 35mpg, Jetta got 45mpg. Cruise at 80mph on Highway and some Chicago traffic mixed in. Audi weighs 4200lbs, almost 1k heavier than Jetta. Jetta is manual, Audi is a slushbox, not to mention AWD versus FWD and the engine size difference. I'd say they're both awesome when it comes to fuel.

I'll probably tune it and possibly do an exhaust. The wheels aren't my favorite, I like the 20" 10 spoke V design, or the 5 spoke rotors. The 10s look better on black but the 5s look cool on white I think. Then again 19s ride nicer than 20s.

Wheel comparison

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
Looks nice. Can't wait to get my hands on a 3.0.

Interesting what VW does with the 3.0 cars and dieselgate.

RebelTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Audi Q5 TDI, 2016 BMW 535d Xdrive
I agree. The 3.0 TDI may be the only TDI VW offers in the US. The 3.0 is so smooth, refined, powerful and efficient. I hope they are available in the future.

Nico A6 3l tdi

TDI
3 l tdi
Ive got a Audi 3l tdi 2016 with a problem with the after market down pipe,the exhaust sensors would put the car in a decreased Kw situation that the car refuses to go past 217kw on the wheels,the gearbox was re mapped for up to a 1000nm torque,any
suggestions please?

AlexNillson89

TDI
2015 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0L TDI
Wow looks really cool, and I especially like it before! Very cool car! The 3.0 TDI is truly the coolest on the market!

NarcisoBlock

TDI
Volkswagen Vento
Decided to upgrade to a nicer TDI the other day, an A6 TDI Prestige. Aside from being a prestige it is pretty basic, the only additional upgrades are full LED headlights, Cold weather pack (heated wheel, heated real seats) and the Glacier White Metallic paint (looks like white).

I was driving a TDI Cup Edition Jetta and decided to look at Audis after I tallied up what the mods to the Jetta would've cost and at the end of the day I'd still have a Jetta. I love that Jetta and I think the thunderbunny Cups are one of the best looking Jetta ever, but the Audi is just nicer to drive for normal driving. It's a bit more boring, but exponentially more comfortable. The seats are a bit flat though which would suck on a road course. For awhile I thought Audi's MMI concept was a bit odd, now I'm sold, touchscreens suck.

I really can't tell if it's any quicker than my tuned Jetta. It feels like it isn't, but "speed" feels much different in that car. I find myself doing 80 when I think I'm doing 60. It's so smooth and quiet. The V6 TDI torque does put you back in your seat and the 8spd cruises just over 1600rpm@80mph. On the same exact 350 mile trip, Audi got 35mpg, Jetta got 45mpg. Cruise at 80mph on Highway and some Chicago traffic mixed in. Audi weighs 4200lbs, almost 1k heavier than Jetta. Jetta is manual, Audi is a slushbox, not to mention AWD versus FWD and the engine size difference. I'd say they're both awesome when it comes to fuel.

I'll probably tune it and possibly do an exhaust. The wheels aren't my favorite, I like the 20" 10 spoke V design, or the 5 spoke rotors. The 10s look better on black but the 5s look cool on white I think. Then again 19s ride nicer than 20s.

Wheel comparison

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
I have the same car. How may I be able to stop Alexa from listening?