Cabin Air Filter 2002 Jetta TDI

dan30thz28

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed Manual 2013 VW Sportwagen TDI 6-Speed Manual
Hi,
In the how to section, I saw that there was a diagram with pics on how to change the cabin air filter on the older jetta and the new beetle. Is the cabin air filter in my car located in the same area? Thanks, and I look forward to your responses, as I'd like to replace this myself.

Sincerely,

Fahrfuwerfuelen

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2005 (A4), Platinum Gray
Dan

Pretty sure it's on the passenger side by the firewall. PITA to get out unless you have small fingers and hands.

dan30thz28

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed Manual 2013 VW Sportwagen TDI 6-Speed Manual
Hello,
Can anyone else verify this? Thanks! I'm sure it would save me a lot to do it myself.

Sincerely,

rdkern

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat 1997 silver (sold after 11 years), Jetta 2000 atlantic blue
I kinda think it's changed from the engine compartment by taking off the rain shield under the passenger wiper. At least that's what I remember doing in our 2000 Jetta.

mrGutWrench

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, 5-speed, 563K Miles (July '23)
paramedick said:
__. Yeah, the secret is that it's impossible to get that cover off ;) . It's kind like the puzzles with a ring on two horseshoes that are linked together with chain. You can fiddle with them for a while and you're sure that the ring will never come off then you get the "combination" and it works easy. And once you get the cover off, it's a pure b!tch the first time you try to get the actual filter element clipped into the holders for it. But keep trying - once you get the combination, it's easy.