FS: 2012 VW Golf TDI - TECH Package

phool21

TDI
2012 Golf
FS: UPDATED 2012 VW Golf TDI - TECH Package - Cincinnati, OH (Photo Heavy Post)

I picked up a brand new, fully loaded 2012 VW Golf TDI with a 6 speed manual transmission in October of 2011. The Golf has a black exterior and a high quality black interior. I have absolutely loved the versatility, comfort, features, and especially fuel economy. The 230 lb-ft of torque is available right off idle and really makes this car quite fun to drive. I consistently achieve 43 MPG combined and nearly 600 miles per tank.
However, my driving habits have changed (I will be driving less that I have been for the last 12 months) and I am looking to get back into a BMW. The vehicle has 26,XXX miles on it and looks and drives like new. The pictures show 25,677, but I am home for Thanksgiving and will be driving the vehicle back to Cincinnati. The CarFax is clean. The Golf is located in Cincinnati, OH. I am asking $23,000 OBO.
The bumper to bumper warranty is still in effect until October 2014 or 36,000 miles. This will be followed with a power train warranty until October 2016 or 60,000 miles.
http://www.vw.com/en/owners/parts-and-accessories/protection/limited-warranty.html
No cost maintenance is in effect through the 30,000 mile service.
Factory Options:
- 6 speed manual transmission
- Technology Package (bundle)
- Sunroof
- Bluetooth
- Dynaudio Stereo
- Bi-Xenon headlights with LED running lights and adaptive front lighting system (the lights follow the turn)
- Navigation with touch screen interface
- iPod integration
- Satellite radio
- 6 disc cd changer in dash
- Heated seats
- Key-less access and push button start (no need to remove the key from your pocket to unlock and start the car)
Aftermarket Options:
- 20% tint on front and rear side windows, plus the hatch
- No tint on the windshield
Service History (all receipts included):
- 18 January 2012 - 6,495 miles - Fairfield VW
- Multi-Point Inspection - All OK
- Diesel Fuel Line Recall - installed dampers on the diesel fuel lines to ensure lines did not resonate and cause a fire
- 14 MAR 2012 - 10,140 miles - Fairfield VW
- 10,000 mile service
- Synthetic Oil and Filter Change
- Tires rotated
- Multi-Point Inspection - All OK
- All belts and hoses OK
- Tires to SPEC
- Brake Pad thickness listed as "exceptional"
- CV Joints and Exhaust are OK
- I complained of a clunking noise coming from the front suspension of bumps and dips
- Technician finds that the suspension is intact and fully functioning
- Technician also finds the front suspension blocks used during transport from Germany were not removed - removes blocks
- Suspension is confirmed to be functioning to SPEC
- 10 JUL 2012 - 16,213 miles - Northland VW (I was not going to return to the service department that forgot to remove suspension blocks)
- I complain of a clunking noise coming from the front driver's side when turning left or right at slow speeds
- Coil spring on the left side is loose - likely due to the issue with the suspension blocks
- New coil spring, top strut bearing, and strut mount ordered
- Nail found in front right tire - patched by dealership for $26.63
- 29 point inspection - All OK
17 JUL 2012 - 17,105 miles - Northland VW
- Replace coil spring, strut bearing, and strut mount on front driver's side
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System light was staying on - system reset and light returns to normal operation
30 JUL 2012 - 17,787 miles - Northland VW
- I complain of a clunking noise when turning left or right at slow speeds - now coming from the front passenger side
- Coil spring on the right side is loose - likely due to the issue with the suspension blocks
- New coil spring, top strut bearing, and strut mount ordered
10 SEPT 2012 - 20,437 miles - Northland VW
- 20,000 mile service
- Synthetic oil and filter change
- Dust and pollen filter removed and re-installed
- 29 point inspection - all OK
Issues:
- Curb rashing on the wheels as shown in the pictures
Please feel free to request pictures of something more specific.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBid1l-DhsE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwoKFj9-p6g

Last edited:

lookingforoil

TDI
2011 2dr BGM Golf
And the winner is...

Ladies and Gentlemen, presenting the winner of the best for sale ad on this forum!

Well done, many applauses for you

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
If I win the lottery tomorrow, I'll take it. Otherwise, no money = no sale :(

Good luck and agree with lookingforoil, great ad.

tebling

TDI
2012 Golf TDI Tech Pkg
:eek: Wow, GORGEOUS car and exactly what I'm looking for! If only you were closer, I'd be all over this...

And yes, beautifully presented as well :D

phool21

TDI
2012 Golf
:eek: Wow, GORGEOUS car and exactly what I'm looking for! If only you were closer, I'd be all over this...

And yes, beautifully presented as well :D
Tebling, thanks for the praise. I am less than 20 minutes from the Cincinnati international airport and about and hour from Dayton and Columbus. I am willing to pick up any buyer and work with them on price to accommodate the travel.

I want to make sure it goes to a good home!

04jettazoom

TDI
jetta
I am going to steal your ad, put pictures of my car in it. haha I have the exact same thing up forsale minus tech pack. and a few other things. I want back in my subaru

phool21

TDI
2012 Golf
Yes. I have the title in hand. It has no lien on it and is clean.

You didn't miss it. I forgot to include it.