TDIClub Forums

TDIClub Forums (http://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php)
-   General VW Discussion (http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   GSW/Alltrack 1.8T TSI EA888 - Prospective Buyer Discussion Thread (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=467681)

Samcar222 October 2nd, 2016 19:02

GSW/Alltrack 1.8T TSI EA888 - Prospective Buyer Discussion Thread

Hey guys, been a while since I've posted last. Just wanted to start a thread here as a place for owners considering staying in the GSW/Alltrack family, but with the 1.8 TSI engine.

Reliability, fuel mileage, oil changes, maintenance, performance, etc.

We're doing the buyback, and are considering a GSW SEL with assistance and lighting, or an Alltrack SE with assistance (no xenons on SE Alltrack! :mad: )

dubStrom October 4th, 2016 19:20

finally here

Local VW dealership posted photos of the silk metallic blue Alltrack with cornsilk interior. Nice looking car. Fender speakers, black exterior fender liners but no splash guards, pano roof, DSG, foglamps, otherwise loaded like the TDI.

I would be interested if it had a 6MT but it is still a tempting vehicle. They've got it listed just over $32k. My wife just got the lien release on her CRV EXL (leather seats, loaded). She wants to drive the Alltrack this weekend.

Bikebits October 5th, 2016 05:57

6MT has been confirmed as available after the initial launch.

billmc2010TDI October 6th, 2016 12:18

Alltrack 6MT

I drove an automatic SEL model that had been pre-sold. Dealer says 6MT version "may" be available in Jan. If you want the manual with leatherette seating and a moonroof, it has to be the SE level. The S comes with cloth and no moonroof. I can't figure out why dealers won't offer any discounts for dieselgate-scammed owners who are willing to buy again from VW. Their US sales are way down.

FordGuy100 October 11th, 2016 09:01

It would be kinda neat if they came with the 2.0t out of the GTI, although the 1.8t isn't to bad

crashtested October 11th, 2016 11:51

Took one out for a drive on Friday and I must say it rolled along pretty nice. I was amazed at how much of difference the couple of inches in ride height made to the overall feel.

Sprockets October 12th, 2016 11:28

I have ordered an Alltrack SEL with lighting in black/black. I am simply waiting for the buyback to occur.

It is agonizing, waiting for this to get underway. I've put off buying tires, and actually just had fuel system work done (under warranty, did NOT see it coming). I get nervous that something catastrophic will happen before the buyback.

FordGuy100 October 12th, 2016 11:38

An Alltrack S in manual would be something I would seriously consider in the next few years. MSRP would be around 27-28K which would mean around 21-22K OTD if they discount them like they do their other models right now. That's not to bad IMO. The golf sportwagen 4 motion comes in at $25.75 for the cheapest.

Its interesting to note that per the VW website, the drag coefficient is .31, while my 2016 Jetta is .30. Final drive is 3.33 compared to my 3.35. It might get decent highway fuel mileage?

Samcar222 October 12th, 2016 14:35

The VW estimate of 30 mpg highway really sucks, to put it bluntly. If I can approach 34-35 mpg highway at the speed limit with a few thousand on the clock, I'd be satisfied.

Went to Dorschel VW today to check out an Alltrack, they led me to the sold lot out back, and I saw a really nice SE with drive assist. Sharp looking car, literally the only thing I'd change would be led tails, and lighting availability on the SE trim.

Of note, the salesman said that the blind spot assist is not available on Alltrack, due to the fact that the rear body cladding is in the way of where the radar sensors would go, and that the front and rear clips are identical to that of the Euro car and weren't changed in the USA to accommodate radar on such a low volume car. Oh well, still gets all the other goodies.

Also of note, I got a retail booklet for the Alltrack and it says that while the auto dim rear mirror with homelink is included in SEL Lighting package, it will not be on early cars, just a normal manual mirror.... that is unfortuanate. Unfortunate enough for me to bring up the fact that on a $36k baby Audi Allroad the mirror should have buttons on it..

Do you think you'd be able to have the dealer install such a part, as long as the rain sensing wiper unit isn't integrated into it, and the 'dimming' feature isn't from external power (wires/windshield r&r)...?

All in all, a really sharp looking car, just concerned about the MPG and a few niggles with options that I want (no I don't want nav and power seats just to get xenons!:mad:)

fucanay October 12th, 2016 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by billmc2010TDI (Post 5153557)
The S comes with cloth and no moonroof.

On the VW website it says the S trim comes with leatherette, not cloth. Is what you're saying that the S with manual trans will have cloth?

Dadskier October 14th, 2016 06:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by fucanay (Post 5156599)
On the VW website it says the S trim comes with leatherette, not cloth. Is what you're saying that the S with manual trans will have cloth?

There will be a Sportwagon S available with AWD and stick, just the basics with no leatherette.

The Alltrack S will have the Leatherette.

ezshift5 October 14th, 2016 06:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dadskier (Post 5157298)
There will be a Sportwagon S available with AWD and stick, just the basics with no leatherette.

Good info (but the fuel economy differential between these two would pose a real concern............after 42 months of 44 MPG pulling my wagon). Just sayin' .......

ez (glad to have two years to get my head strait around this MPG thing!)

kjclow October 14th, 2016 07:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dadskier (Post 5157298)

Carolina VW has a GSW AWD with auto and cloth seats. Website says manual but the pictures show only two pedals.

showdown 42 October 14th, 2016 07:21

saw a new Alltrack TSI today,will wait for the TDI or nothing. I'm guessing MPGs will be low 20s average realistically. Not good enough. 32k list price.

Dadskier October 14th, 2016 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjclow (Post 5157318)
Carolina VW has a GSW AWD with auto and cloth seats. Website says manual but the pictures show only two pedals.

The manuals won't be out until Q1 of 2017 at the earliest.