2000 Golf factory alarm disarm/permanent disable

suchshutterfly

TDI
2000 VW Golf GLS TDI
Now that I have pulled fuses 6 and 14 and disabled the horn for my alarm, has anyone been able to come up with a way to permanently disable the factory alarm in a MKIV without pulling those fuses permanently? I'd like to have my interior lights back (14) because seeing at night is nice. Also, I'm not sure what else I've disabled by pulling those fuses. VAG-COM can't disable it. It was only intermittently arming itself before by locking the door with the key (my fob, despite new batteries and testing OK using an RF scanner at Advance Auto, will not lock, unlock, or interact with the vehicle outside of physically starting the engine/locking/unlocking the doors). It armed last night and would not disarm until I pulled those fuses (I tried the open hatch trick, too, no luck).

Last edited:

suchshutterfly

TDI
2000 VW Golf GLS TDI
Update: so, pulling fuses 6 and 14 disabled the alarm. I left them out for a few days but needed to open the windows because it got warm outside again so I put them back in. Henceforth, I will do things (like lock all four doors from the passenger's side, not by inserting the key into the driver's side door) that could potentially arm the alarm as little as possible in the hopes to never arm it again.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Yeah, why not just fix the car? The alarm is simply a component of the Central Convenience system, there is not really any extra "stuff" to it, aside from the little blinky light on the driver door and the little beepy horn in the cowl.

You likely have a bad door latch or something.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Try contacting Rocketchip in Red Lion PA. I think his name is Rick Robertson. Maybe you can drive over there and get it the way you need it.
Assuming you just want it disabled and there is not a problem with the alarm system.

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 5spd; 05 Jeep CRD
Try contacting Rocketchip in Red Lion PA. I think his name is Rick Robertson. Maybe you can drive over there and get it the way you need it.
Assuming you just want it disabled and there is not a problem with the alarm system.

It's Jeff. Try rocketchip.com, he's a one man show, so don't expect instantaneous response. Great tunes!, and knows these vehicles well.

Rxfire

Veteran Member
TDI
2 each 03 5 speed Jetta wagons, 1 NA Isuzu P'up (a keeper)