Why would/did you trade/turn in your Jetta Sportwagen for a Golf Sportwagen TDI?

peterdaniel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL 5 spd TDi, 2003 Jetta GLS Indigo blue 5spd wagon. 2003 Jetta GLS Candy white wagon 5 speed
I dunno, this is a hard one.. The leftover Golf TDI SW are very tempting but I like the Jetta sportwagen better.. feels like a premium car over the Golf..

And it has a known track record The new Golf TDI's are a one year deal... makes me worried a tad...

Grigg3

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta wagon, 15 Golf wagon
The 15 golf wagon feels like the fancier car compared to the 05 Jetta wagon.

No sense getting rid of a good car that's paid for, reliable, and enjoyable.
Keep the old one, get a new one too while you can. In 5 or 10 years be glad you did.

JayOdom

TDI
2011 JSW
I brought a GSW S w/DSG and VW bought back my 2011 JSW with DSG and Pano, but not because I wanted to. The JSW was for sure a nicer car. Handled better, felt more refined inside the cabin, steering was direct compared to the GSW, JSW had less body role, steering will fit better in my hands on the JSW. However, the road noise of the JSW was terrible compared to the GSW. And the GSW gets better MPG.

I traded it because I had over 110,000 miles on my JSW and we all know that that means timing belt is coming soon along with another DSG maintenance cost. Not to mention that VW will probably never fix the emissions of the JSW TDI, so I'd probably never see any money from settlement.

I really miss my JSW. I took it to buy back last Tuesday.

At the end of the day let VW buy back the JSW and took advantage of good deal on a GSW S Model because I'm an adult. And I know better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JayOdom

TDI
2011 JSW
The only reason that I could see to keep a JSW TDI at this point, would be that it will more than likely become a collectors item at some point. In particular if it has a manual shift transmission. I suspect we will see the value of these vehicles start to go up after the buyback ends and all but a few of them are on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Tortoise

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW Trendline - White
The extended emissions warranty would be reason enough for me to trade it in.