TDIFest 2010: DFIS Tour

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
Diesel Fuel Injection Services has graciously agreed to open the doors to their facility for a free tour and Q&A on Injection Pump servicing.

Where: Here -DFIS from Sheraton or alternatively from Woodburn
When: Saturday. September 4th, 9am-2pm

http://www.dfispdx.com/

We realize that this is during Drag Racing and that most of our members will be participating in this event, however this was the only time available to us. The benefit is for those of you who are not interested in Drag Racing, you have another option to choose from. And for those of you who are racing, you can go right to DFIS after the races and still make it with an hour to spare. :cool:

Last edited:

mtbr297

Vendor
TDI
2015 Golf TDI, Seat Leon FR PD 150 6 speed.
I need a ride as well, or maybe public transportation. I hear the public trans is very good on Portland.

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
I need a ride as well, or maybe public transportation. I hear the public trans is very good on Portland.
Public transit is very good in portland, indeed. we've posted all the public transit info in the 'other things to do' thread. I'm sure there will also be a few people sticking around that can provide transportation if necessary. I'll see how close our transportation can get you to the factory. :confused:

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
ok, I looked up some items and you should be able to take the hotel shuttle to Cascade Station, pick up the Red line to the blue line west. Get off near the children's museum and walk a couple blocks south and you're there!

I'm certainly not a pro at using public transit, so forgive the vagueness of the directions. But that's the way it looks on the maps. :)
so there is a way to get there, without having to hitch a ride.

Blackberry

TDI
2010 Golf 4 door
Zippy_car, the maps are pointing to a spot a bit east of Delta Park. Ain't no Blue Line going near there. The Yellow Line goes kind of nearby, though it's a bit of a walk across freeway interchanges and such.

There's a "blue line" on the Tri-Met map for bus route 8 which does go there, but Sunday morning service is about every 20-30 minutes.

Carpooling might be a good option. If you do want to transit it, take MAX Red Line from the airport area to Rose Quarter Transit Center, then hop bus route 8 heading for Vancouver Way/Middlefield.

Last edited:

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Zippy_car, the maps are pointing to a spot a bit east of Delta Park. Ain't no Blue Line going near there. The Yellow Line goes kind of nearby, though it's a bit of a walk across freeway interchanges and such.

There's a "blue line" on the Tri-Met map for bus route 8 which does go there, but Sunday morning service is about every 20-30 minutes.

Carpooling might be a good option. If you do want to transit it, take MAX Red Line from the airport area to Rose Quarter Transit Center, then hop bus route 8 heading for Vancouver Way/Middlefield.
Thanks for the clarification. I hope this helps.

tongboy

Veteran Member
TDI
91 Jetta TDI Swap, 97 M3 LS1 Swap
I'd like to go - I'm planning on being at the drags but we'll see - I'll have extra room in my car.

brnsgrbr

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 GOLF GTI converted to GTD
Do they perform injector pop testing? I bought some nozzles but need my injectors tested. I haven't read the whole TDIFest page yet, but it would be cool to be able to get that service performed over the weekend.

tongboy

Veteran Member
TDI
Do they perform injector pop testing? I bought some nozzles but need my injectors tested. I haven't read the whole TDIFest page yet, but it would be cool to be able to get that service performed over the weekend.
call them and ask - I don't recall them working of the weekend but they absolutely do do injector pop testing and shimming and all that jazz. They might work a bit for tdifest over the weekend but who knows

brnsgrbr

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 GOLF GTI converted to GTD
Highly recommended

Tours only this weekend. I have been calling around the Puget Sound area, Seattle, today and 3 out of 4 places new of and recommended these guys for VW TDIs. I am sold. I will just have to ship them down to have them done.

tongboy

Veteran Member
TDI
Tours only this weekend. I have been calling around the Puget Sound area, Seattle, today and 3 out of 4 places new of and recommended these guys for VW TDIs. I am sold. I will just have to ship them down to have them done.
There service, honesty and speed of work are amazing. You're lucky to have them so near. The owner is very honest and helpful and frequently working the front desk. They know TDI's and have the parts to deal with them and are always interested to here how something unique comes out.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Went out to DFIS and met the voices on the phone. Very nice to see what they do so well. The test equipment was amazing. Thanks.

fj40dave

TDI
2009 Jetta
We did the tour at DFIS on Saturday.....Mark and Rod were great!
Sent them some injectors and they have 'em fixed and on their way back already.
Highly recomend their biz!

fj40dave

TDI
2009 Jetta
Sending them (DFIS) a set of injectors and the pump from a 1980 Dasher today (or, tomorrow - depending on how the removal goes :))