For Sale: 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE 6 speed

eddiemoney

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen
Hey everyone,

Looking to part ways with my golf sportwagen. I love the car I really do, but no longer drive long distances. That coupled with the fact that I could really use a new pickup truck for towing the boat leads me to list her for sale. Located in Massachusetts, South Shore area.

2015 VW Golf Sportwagen SE with the 2.0 and a 6 speed manual. I searched hard to find the wagon with a 6 speed and probably overpaid for it but I had to have it. She's got about 78,700 miles at the moment. Purchased as a certified pre-owned from a dealer in February 2018. Dealer performed the Stage 1 emissions fix prior to sale. Hasn't had the stage 2 fix done since VW failed to notify me when it was available but as I understand it there would be no problem getting it done now, just won't get the cash incentive to do so.

Had an oil change, fuel filter change, and new front pads and rotors in February of 2019. Had oil change done February of this year. All work done at my local VW dealer with paperwork provided.

Car itself is gray, black leather interior, heated front seats, panoramic sunroof, cargo cover, fog lights, backup camera, all the standard SE goodies.

Only mod to the car is a set of 18" Neuspeed rims with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires on them. Also included in the sale are my stock 17" VW rims with Michelin X-Ice snow tires that I run in the winter. Both sets of tires have substantial life left. Winter tires were new in November of 2018, and the pilot sports were new June of last year.

Also included in the sale are: new in box Bosch Icon wiper blades, LED fog light bulbs 5 gallons of DEF fluid, and 1 quart of oil

Not exactly sure how to gauge the market but since it's the wagon with 6 speed manual and comes with 2 sets of wheels and tires with lots of life left on them I'm listing for $15,000. I'm sure the market will tell me if this is a good or bad price. Of course I am open to all reasonable offers.

https://ibb.co/wYLdJJF
https://ibb.co/kxq8txc
https://ibb.co/qxqq6M4

Hopefully will get some better pictures up in the near future

Last edited:

eddiemoney

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen
Not sure I'm adding pictures correctly, tried above but couldn't see them. Uploaded to a different site.

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
I wouldnt worry about adding pictures for $15,000 unless the pictures contain the gold bars that come with the car.
LOL GLWS

eddiemoney

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen
I wouldnt worry about adding pictures for $15,000 unless the pictures contain the gold bars that come with the car.
LOL GLWS
Haha you think? I see sportwagen manuals with less miles but only the S trim on sale for more than $15k near me. I figured higher miles but higher trim with 2 sets of wheels and tires it wasn't far off.

I'm also expecting to get talked down a bit. Can't list for your actual asking price because everyone wants to negotiate and if you don't budge at all then they feel you are being a hard ass and leave. If you let them negotiate down a bit they feel like they won or got a good deal.

Maybe I'll try and dig in my backyard a bit. If I find some gold bars then I won't have to sell it :D

Quincy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI, 2007 Dodge Cummins QC 4X4 6 sp, 2007 John Deere 3120
Greenlantern is in the Midwest, but I can tell you that you'd be a little proud in the Seattle/Portland market. I think it must have sold, but that I saw that same car with under 20k listed at $15,900 last week.

I'd figure out what it is worth where you live and ask less than that. Call it "FIRM" and let the one only only person that is going to buy it show up and give you money. I'm not a fan off tire kickers figuring out where I live. If your best guess is that is is worth $14,000, put $13,000 FIRM. You'll still get, "Will you consider $11,000" and you just respond that the price is now $16,000.

Of course, I don't enjoy the negotiation. I can't recall paying a dime less than what somoeone was asking on the other end either.

eddiemoney

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen
Thanks for the feedback Quincy. Based on that I am probably a little high. I don't really like the negotiating either but I think it's worth the effort in the end.

I'll keep it up for now and see how it does. You can always drop the price down but you can't raise it back up. :D I've gotten a couple texts from my local craigslist ad as well so we'll see.

For anyone interested I uploaded all photos to my google drive

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_weQgWokQpzYuLATkqBYgDW6YXNI4xX0?usp=sharing

Quincy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI, 2007 Dodge Cummins QC 4X4 6 sp, 2007 John Deere 3120
It is a nice car. I have a hard time wrapping my head around it, but there always seems to more people wanting manual transmissions than exist. I bought one of the last Dodges to roll off the assembly line with a 5.9 and manual transmission. I could sell that 13 year old truck for every penny of the $33k I paid for it. Ironically, I only picked the manual transmission because it was $904 less than the automatic.