P0715 Input Turbine/Speed Sensor Circ. Malfunction

mexican_maverick

TDI
2006 jetta tdi manual
Ok here is the deal my girlfreind's 99 jetta 2.0 is throwing this code. I dont have a vag com but I am saving up for one. I used an obdII scanner and got the code "P0715 Input Turbine/Speed Sensor Circ. Malfunction" If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know. I know this is the TDI club and her car is gas powered, but i myself own a TDI and trust you guys over any vwvortex member any day.

mexican_maverick

TDI
2006 jetta tdi manual
Sebastian said:
Generic OBD-2 sucks... :)

VAG-COM would say...

Transmission Input Speed Sensor (G182): Circuit Malfunction

Much more clear now, isn't it?!
it is more clear and i cant wait to get my hands on a vag com i am waiting for some more $. That is neither here nor there, It still does not answer what i asked. Is (G182) the sensor number or what and if it is how can i fix it?

Mike_M

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 2002 Jetta GLS
mexican_maverick said:
Is (G182) the sensor number or what and if it is how can i fix it?
Yup, it is.

The sensor will probably need to be replaced, and since it's in the tranny, it's likely not a do-it-yourself job unless you're really brave.

Add "get a Bentley CD" to your list...I'm pretty sure it's in there. Or check the listed of "trusted TDI mechanics" in the "TDI 101" section for someone close to you. It sounds like a problem common to TDIs and non-TDIs alike, so I don't think any of the big guys would have any problems fixing it. :)

Mike

mexican_maverick

TDI
2006 jetta tdi manual
thanks

Mike_M said:
Yup, it is.

The sensor will probably need to be replaced, and since it's in the tranny, it's likely not a do-it-yourself job unless you're really brave.

Add "get a Bentley CD" to your list...I'm pretty sure it's in there. Or check the listed of "trusted TDI mechanics" in the "TDI 101" section for someone close to you. It sounds like a problem common to TDIs and non-TDIs alike, so I don't think any of the big guys would have any problems fixing it. :)

Mike
First off thanks for your help i truely appreciate it. I am very mechannicaly inclined and have much experience in repairing cars. I would be willing to repair this myself if it DOES NOT INVOLVE ripping apart the transmission, if it is just dropping the pan and/or removing some easy componenets i will be willing to do this. About the Bently I own a 06 jetta tdi and my g/f's car is a 99 jetta 2.0, since these are about $90 a pop, would i still bee looking at the same tranny if i got the manual for the 06 TDI?

BEETLEMAN2001

TDI
BEELTLE
Sensors on tranny of 01m. All vws

You don't have to tear down any transmission or take it apart! That is false info people have given you!
The only two sensors you have to worry about if you get codes P0722, and P0715 is on top of the tranny! called input speed sensor (G38) and output speed sensor (G68) No need to go inside any transmission! Although to replace the G68 sensor is a pain because you have to lower the tranny to get at it. It is under the left transmission mount!
Beetleman2013