TDIClub Forums

TDIClub Forums (http://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php)
-   TDIFest 2009 (http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   TDIFest 2009 Registration! (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=246257)

VeeDubTDI May 1st, 2009 04:59

TDIFest 2009 Registration!

Folks, registration is ready to go. We're going to have a kiosk setup at Impex Fest this Saturday (tomorrow) for those of you who wish to register early and take advantage of our discounted "early bird" rates.

If all goes well at Impex, we will open up the online registration to everyone else on Monday. Don't worry, the "early bird" special will still be available for a period of time before the regular rate goes into effect.

Stay tuned to this thread for information, instructions, and special offers. :cool:

airwolf May 1st, 2009 05:04

VeeDubTDI and I are both very excited about this. All the hard work is starting to pay off. However I am sure there is lots more to come.

airwolf May 1st, 2009 17:02

Final tweaks have been made to the registration page to clean it up and get it ready for the roll out on Monday (if testing goes well this weekend).

Hopefully everyone is biting their nails in anticipation!

goTDIcandy May 2nd, 2009 16:58

Registered, so my nails are safe! :) ;)

Leo819 May 3rd, 2009 11:40

signed up and cant wait for labor day weekend!

tomo366 May 3rd, 2009 12:29

In.......:) :)

airwolf May 3rd, 2009 12:39

We are currently having some issues I need to work out with paypal. Everyone that has registered under the testing phase 'should' be okay. We are going to delay opening up registration to everyone until I can get this cleared up.

VeeDubTDI May 4th, 2009 09:05

Thanks to all of the people who registered at Impex Fest! It was nice to have a group of people willing to test the system out early to look for any errors.

As I expected, we found a couple errors. The most annoying thing that we came across is sometimes when you get ready to check out and you proceed to Paypal, the system will empty your shopping cart. You have to go back in and add your items again and then it will work. It's a bit of an annoyance, and we can't figure out why it's happening. So... if it happens to you, I'm sorry... just click on the things you want to buy, and continue with your order.

Once Fred gives us the final thumbs up, we will make the registration link public and everyone may register! :cool:

paramedick May 4th, 2009 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by airwolf
We are currently having some issues I need to work out with paypal. Everyone that has registered under the testing phase 'should' be okay. We are going to delay opening up registration to everyone until I can get this cleared up.

In. Paypal must be happy, 'cause it cleared. ;)

VeeDubTDI May 4th, 2009 14:13

Well, they're still not happy about a few things. Hopefully things will be worked out in a few days.

tomo366 May 4th, 2009 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeeDubTDI
Well, they're still not happy about a few things. Hopefully things will be worked out in a few days.

Mine cleared also.:D

CMB430 May 9th, 2009 17:01

Any updates...when can I register my wife and I?

VeeDubTDI May 9th, 2009 19:36

As soon as paypal stops sucking. :( Hopefully they'll clear up their mess first thing on Monday.

airwolf May 11th, 2009 15:44

We are getting closer.... Keep watching this thread for exciting information!!!!

oilhammer May 12th, 2009 04:46

I am registered!!! :D

vikingrob May 13th, 2009 16:21

Alchemist May 15th, 2009 09:22

At the risk of appearing even dopier than I really am, could some kind soul point a dazed and confused seeker towards the registration page?

VeeDubTDI May 15th, 2009 09:28

Check back tomorrow morning... you'll see it. :)

airwolf May 15th, 2009 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alchemist
At the risk of appearing even dopier than I really am, could some kind soul point a dazed and confused seeker towards the registration page?

It is not public yet. There will be links all over the forum once it becomes 'active'. Which should be by tomorrow. ;)

VeeDubTDI May 15th, 2009 21:42

Registration is live!

http://www.tdiclub.com/tdifest/registration2009

Have at it, folks! :D

As an incentive to register early, there is a $10 discount through the end of May. Take advantage of this great deal and get signed up as soon as possible. :)

Torque_Delight May 16th, 2009 07:53

Registered

SnowCub May 18th, 2009 05:19

Registered + 1 wifey :)

VeeDubTDI May 18th, 2009 06:25

Warren, great!! :D

rme May 18th, 2009 18:44

We're In

Checks in the mail....two of us are in.....(mailed 5/18/09-Ft Stewart Ga)

oilhammer May 18th, 2009 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torque_Delight
Registered

Wait... Canadians are invited? ***??? :p

mrvermin May 19th, 2009 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilhammer
Wait... Canadians are invited? ***??? :p

Ok, just for that I registered :D:D:D

MrVermin

TeDeEye1 May 21st, 2009 11:07

Room reserved and now registered. Are we there yet? Huh, are we, are we???:)

VeeDubTDI May 21st, 2009 11:33

Woohoo! I just added you to the Who's Registered thread. :cool:

Let me know how many nights you've reserved your room for so that I can add you to the list in the hotel thread.

VeeDubTDI May 29th, 2009 15:27

Reminder!

Just a reminder that Sunday is the last day to get the discounted early-bird Fest registration price! :)

We have 49 registrations so far... take advantage of the opportunity to save some $$$ by registering now!

PM me if you have questions.

Zippy_car May 31st, 2009 12:33

50 :)

TheGrove May 31st, 2009 13:06

Registered!

dieseleux May 31st, 2009 14:28

Registered!

VeeDubTDI May 31st, 2009 15:26

Sweet!

Remember folks, the registration discount ends at midnight tonight! (West coast time, I think.)

VeeDubTDI May 31st, 2009 23:27

Just over 30 minutes until the Early-Bird Special ends! HURRY!!

We're up to 54 registrations so far... best early-bird turnout EVER! :cool:

iamstuffed May 31st, 2009 23:42

I just registered. One + One.:)

VeeDubTDI May 31st, 2009 23:52

I have you added to the list! I'm glad you and your girlfriend can make it out. :cool:

7 minutes left!!

VeeDubTDI June 1st, 2009 00:02

Thank you to the 56 early-birds who registered for Fest! We will now be moving into the regular registration phase, which is $40 per person. This will continue to run until mid-August when we have to submit our t-shirt orders to the shirt company.

As always, please PM me if you have any questions!

Please stay tuned, as we are working on the official agenda and vendor list. :)

Zippy_car June 6th, 2009 10:30

Quote:

Thank you to the 56 early-birds who registered for Fest! We will now be moving into the regular registration phase, which is $40 per person. This will continue to run until mid-August when we have to submit our t-shirt orders to the shirt company.

As always, please PM me if you have any questions!

Please stay tuned, as we are working on the official agenda and vendor list. :)

You're doing a great job keeping this going and keeping everyone up to date. well done! hopefully this will be a great turn out!

VeeDubTDI June 6th, 2009 10:39

Thanks Zippy! I hope it's a great event, too. :D

Ton June 26th, 2009 10:13

Is there going to be a biodiesel corner at the fest?

VeeDubTDI June 26th, 2009 14:00

Probably not, as we don't have a biodiesel supplier very close by... but I'll look into it. Maybe we can get a truck for at least a couple of hours on Saturday.

The fuel station by the Pentagon has B20, but it's overpriced. They want close to $3/gallon right now. :eek:

jasonTDI June 29th, 2009 17:05

Lisa and I are in.

Thur arrival.

VeeDubTDI July 2nd, 2009 07:20

Sweet! :cool:

canast July 4th, 2009 21:18

Hotel taken care of previously

and now registered. Prices must be going up as registration is now per person. Also there is a fee for the meet and greet? Did the hotel give us a great deal on rooms only to nail us for everything else or is this to help with the fund raising for the club. Will have to think about this.

airwolf July 5th, 2009 07:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by canast
and now registered. Prices must be going up as registration is now per person. Also there is a fee for the meet and greet? Did the hotel give us a great deal on rooms only to nail us for everything else or is this to help with the fund raising for the club. Will have to think about this.

We are having food provided by the hotel. We figured that people would be arriving during the meet and greet time and wanted to give the option of some snacks rather than the guests having to find a place to eat right away and missing out on the meet and greet.

If you just want to socialize outside of the room there is no charge for this.

It was always the intention to have a per person registration fee. This was just not enforced or defined clearly in the past. There are costs that are associated with each person attending. Grab bags, name tags, lanyards, t-shirts, etc.

We look forward to having you at the fest!

jasonTDI July 5th, 2009 07:13

Quote:

We are having food provided by the hotel. We figured that people would be arriving during the meet and greet time and wanted to give the option of some snacks rather than the guests having to find a place to eat right away and missing out on the meet and greet.

It was always the intention to have a per person registration fee. This was just not enforced or defined clearly in the past. There are costs that are associated with each person attending. Grab bags, name tags, lanyards, t-shirts, etc.

Exactly. There has always been a meet-and-greet fee as well.

For those of you that were not there, There were a lot of "crashers" at the banquet in Lake Mills that didn't pay. The club had to eat that.

canast July 12th, 2009 05:31

Quote:

Thank you for the explanation.
It clears thing up.
Only 54 days left, I better decide on that room for Wednesday night soon.

G60ING July 22nd, 2009 09:37

What Class would my AHU Corrado show in on Sat?

I posed the TDIFest over on the Vortex in the TDI and the Capital Area forums :)

if you need anything added to those threads I'll be happy to do so.

VeeDubTDI July 22nd, 2009 12:05

You will be competing in the TDI Conversions class, assuming there are enough vehicles to make such a class.

So, come one, come all... bring your TDI Conversions! :cool:

G60ING July 22nd, 2009 12:17

Quote:

You will be competing in the TDI Conversions class, assuming there are enough vehicles to make such a class.

So, come one, come all... bring your TDI Conversions! :cool:

I posted it up in the conversion forum:D

VeeDubTDI July 28th, 2009 10:35

We're up to 80 registrations so far. Come on folks, let's get this wagon rolling! There are only 38 days until Fest!!

Important dates:
  • Sunday, August 9th: Cut-off date for T-Shirts. Up until August 9th, a t-shirt is included with each registration. After 8/9, we will be placing the shirt order. If you want a shirt, you will have to register on or before 8/9 or hope that we have enough extras on site and pay for them when you arrive. That's right, there are only 12 days left to register and get a t-shirt included in your registration!
  • Monday, August 31st: Food reservations close! If you want to attend the meet and greet, Saturday brunch, or the Sunday banquet, 8/31 is your last day to sign up.

Sprocket July 29th, 2009 19:05

I know I'm blond and nobody has blown in my ear to fill my head back up lately but, since I am coming with my better half is it 2x the registration fee and 2x any other options we pick?

airwolf July 29th, 2009 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprocket
I know I'm blond and nobody has blown in my ear to fill my head back up lately but, since I am coming with my better half is it 2x the registration fee and 2x any other options we pick?

If the better half is going to be partaking in the festivities then yes. The prices listed are per person.

VeeDubTDI July 30th, 2009 07:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprocket

LOL. I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh at that. I'm blond, too.

What? http://smiliesftw.com/x/hsughcool_1.gif

tomo366 July 30th, 2009 09:09

Quote:

LOL. I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh at that. I'm blond, too.

What? http://smiliesftw.com/x/hsughcool_1.gif

ROTFLMFAO................:eek:

oilhammer July 30th, 2009 09:59

I used to be blonde. Now I am just lucky to have any hair at all... :(

TheGrove July 30th, 2009 17:30

That's what balance shafts will do to you!:D

Sprocket August 2nd, 2009 07:53

Okay, registered & made hotel reservations!

thebigarniedog August 6th, 2009 07:45

As usual, I won't get too go to the Fest :mad: . That said, (and I apologize if this has already been asked) can one just donate a registration fee for someone else that the organizers feel may need and deserve such a free registration? If so, where can I and others send such a donation for such purposes via paypal? Thank you in advance.

VeeDubTDI August 6th, 2009 08:49

Arnie,

If you go to http://www.tdifest.com ... you will see the link for donations. Thanks for your support, and we're sorry you can't make it!

oilhammer August 6th, 2009 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebigarniedog
As usual, I won't get too go to Fest.....

Then you deserve this pic:

http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/500/DV2.jpg

:D :D :D

We'll miss ya! :o

VeeDubTDI August 6th, 2009 09:51

Thanks for your donation Arnie! That was very generous of you. :)

thebigarniedog August 6th, 2009 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilhammer
Then you deserve this pic:

Yes, I deserved that :D . If I learned anything as your alter-ego, if one must fail, they might as well fail like a pro :D

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...-fail-mike.jpg

Good luck guys, and thanks Veedub. Speaking of the Cubs (see above picture) maybe next year :) .

LiLredTDI August 7th, 2009 06:45

The girlfriend formerly known as Heather, and now known as lilredtdi-copilot is registered for the fest. She will be attending the meet&greet, brunch/tech, and the banquet. She has purchased all on her cc as of today.

VeeDubTDI August 7th, 2009 06:46

Formerly or formally? ;)

LiLredTDI August 7th, 2009 06:53

:eek: I don't need that kind of trouble:D

VeeDubTDI August 8th, 2009 11:19

Just a reminder 11:59pm tomorrow (Sunday, August 9th) is the cut-off for a free t-shirt with your TDIFest registration. Take advantage of this great offer and register now @ http://www.tdifest.com

We will have extra shirts at TDIFest if you wish to purchase on-site. You will also be able to purchase t-shirts on the website for another week (tentatively).

arne487 August 9th, 2009 07:39

finally got around to registering for myself and my wife. won't make it Friday, but we'll be there for the brunch and banquet.

VeeDubTDI August 9th, 2009 09:58

Awesome! We'll see you on Saturday. :cool:

Jetter_Sprinta August 9th, 2009 10:08

Scott and I are registered.

VeeDubTDI August 9th, 2009 10:17

Sweeeet! :D

VT_hawkeye August 9th, 2009 20:24

I'm in, Saturday morning/afternoon events only.

red golf tdi August 13th, 2009 20:00

I'm registered! See you at the Fest!

VeeDubTDI August 13th, 2009 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by VT_hawkeye
I'm in, Saturday morning/afternoon events only.

You don't want a name tag or a t-shirt or anything? You should really get registered and get the goodie bag, and the whole nine yards. :)

VeeDubTDI August 18th, 2009 11:17

T-Shirt sales are tentatively closed. I'm going to place the order today, and will check to see if we can add to the order this coming week if necessary. If they say yes, then I will reopen the additional t-shirt sales.

G60ING August 18th, 2009 11:26

Quote:

You don't want a name tag or a t-shirt or anything? You should really get registered and get the goodie bag, and the whole nine yards. :)

I'm in for the same thing. I only plan on attending the sat morning/afternoon show. Sunday is BugOut and the rest of the weekend is for the wife and son:)

VeeDubTDI August 18th, 2009 13:49

Aww, you mean we're going to miss the Corrado at the show and shine on Sunday? :(

VeeDubTDI August 18th, 2009 13:50

T-shirt sales are CLOSED. If you want a shirt, we will have extras available at Fest. They will be sold on a first-come basis. Just ask any staff member and we'll help you out. :)

G60ING August 18th, 2009 15:17

there isn't a show and shine on Sat? Sunday I'll be at BugOut.

VeeDubTDI August 18th, 2009 15:23

Nope, show and shine is on Sunday. And there's a TDI Conversion category. Sorry you won't be able to make it.

How about splitting Sunday between the bug-out and Fest?

G60ING August 18th, 2009 16:43

Quote:

Nope, show and shine is on Sunday. And there's a TDI Conversion category. Sorry you won't be able to make it.

How about splitting Sunday between the bug-out and Fest?

yeah thats what I'm tossing around right now. I'm going through withdraws of not having attended anything with a good vw swap meet section. I'm a parts junkie...I live for a good day at the junk yard.

I'm trying to figure out what I will be doing for the entire weekend now. The sta/sun plan that I had in my mind worked out really nicely. Maybe I'll give the wife the whole weekend here in NC and I'll cut loose for a day trip up to BugOut and TDIfest. I really wanted to bring my son up for his first car show. Looks like that might be H20

tomo366 August 18th, 2009 17:05

I haven't seen anything but Junk in the field at Bug-out for a few years now.........I never get to go to fall show though.......

VeeDubTDI August 18th, 2009 17:56

You could always hit TDIFest on Sunday morning and early afternoon, and then head to the Bugout (which isn't far from Fest) after 3pm when the Show & Shine finishes... and then come back for the banquet at 6. Although 2 hours at the Bugout isn't much time.

I'm sure you'll figure something out. :cool:

CraigH August 18th, 2009 20:16

Registration at door?

Will there be registration at the door? I am going out of town and I am not sure if I can make it when I get back or not. I live in Virginia and just bought an 03 Golf TDI last month and would like to go. I will know more when I get back and would like to pay at the door if I can.

VeeDubTDI August 18th, 2009 22:27

There will be registration at the door, but you will not be able to attend the food events. Food cut-off is August 31st. If you know what your schedule is before the 31st, it would be best if you could sign up as soon as you know what's going on. :)

CraigH August 19th, 2009 01:11

Thank you.

Craig

RUSHtheBUS August 19th, 2009 18:34

I'm registered. Bringing my brother who just brought a 2005 Passat TDI. I'm going to need alot of help in convincing him the importance of the BS change.

oilhammer August 19th, 2009 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSHtheBUS
I'm registered. Bringing my brother who just brought a 2005 Passat TDI. I'm going to need alot of help in convincing him the importance of the BS change.

LOL, I can show him 9000 reasons why. :p

RUSHtheBUS August 19th, 2009 19:03

I'm sure. I've seen pictures of your "wall of shame" of old BS.

RUSHtheBUS August 19th, 2009 19:05

********************NEED HELP************
I brought 2 registrations but forgot to add the Friday night meet and the Saturday morning breakfast. The site will not allow me to make additional purchases. Can anyone offer help on how to buy the additional events?

SnowWife August 19th, 2009 19:23

pm VeeDubTDI or Airwolf and they can help!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSHtheBUS
********************NEED HELP************
I brought 2 registrations but forgot to add the Friday night meet and the Saturday morning breakfast. The site will not allow me to make additional purchases. Can anyone offer help on how to buy the additional events?

VeeDubTDI August 19th, 2009 22:18

Peter, I see 2 Brunches and 2 Meet & Greets, but no registrations.

You'll need to add 2 registrations to your shopping cart. You should also enter both cars into the Show & Shine (free). We love having those Passats in the S&S, and I suspect that there will be a number of 2009 Jettas in it, too.

airwolf August 20th, 2009 12:48

Quote:

Peter, I see 2 Brunches and 2 Meet & Greets, but no registrations.

You'll need to add 2 registrations to your shopping cart. You should also enter both cars into the Show & Shine (free). We love having those Passats in the S&S, and I suspect that there will be a number of 2009 Jettas in it, too.

This problem has been resolved!

VeeDubTDI August 20th, 2009 16:01

Excellent! ;)

RUSHtheBUS August 21st, 2009 14:42

Whew, because I had a printed receipt for the reggie. Now, will be in the pool area upon arrival on friday morning! Who's up?

VeeDubTDI August 21st, 2009 14:44

Lots of us will be there on Friday morning. :cool:

airwolf August 21st, 2009 16:02

Quote:

Lots of us will be there on Friday morning. :cool:

Most likely left over from Thursday night. :eek:

SnowWife August 21st, 2009 19:32

Sleep?! I thought this was fest. You can sleep when you get home.

Quote:

Most likely left over from Thursday night. :eek:

VeeDubTDI August 21st, 2009 19:39

That's the spirit! :D

Rob Mayercik August 30th, 2009 18:46

Whoops - didn't realize this was here, started another thread.

Be arriving Friday afternoon, heading out Sunday afternoon - cant' stay for the banquet this time.

Looking forward to this, since I've not been to a 'Fest since Valley Forge in '06.

Rob