Jetta 10 were to lift it up?

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Is it ok to use the sub frame to lift the car,using a floor jack with a block of wood?

Perreault17

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
Is it ok to use the sub frame to lift the car,using a floor jack with a block of wood?
Lift the car at the pinch welds. Front location is about 6 inches from the wheel well and at the rear its about 12 inches from the wheel well. You'll see a little arrow at the rear. Also, you can see the location on the pinch welds up front.

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
I only use the subframe - not the pinch welds. Get a look at them after they've been used a couple of times and you'll see how bent and chipped they get. The subframe is stronger than the rest of the car.

The easiest spot I find is the big bolt that attaches the subframe to the car. Locks well into the jack 'pad' and prevents it from shifting.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
That how I did the first time.I was a PITA the car sits so low I had to drive up on blocks wood to get the jack under the car.Is it possible tweak the body if you go to high using the pinch welds.I used the sub frame with a block on the jack to take the car down.

Perreault17

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
I only use the subframe - not the pinch welds. Get a look at them after they've been used a couple of times and you'll see how bent and chipped they get. The subframe is stronger than the rest of the car.

The easiest spot I find is the big bolt that attaches the subframe to the car. Locks well into the jack 'pad' and prevents it from shifting.
Do it correctly next time then. The pinch welds shouldn't ever get damaged if done properly and not with some shotty jagged lift platformed jack/stands. Unless its rusted or some sort of outside factor. Otherwise the manufacturer wouldn't label them as the proper lifting location.