500ppm damage

voyiyav@gmail.com

TDI
audi a4 b8
Guys please help me, I have filled my audi a4 b8 2.0tdi with 500ppm and in jst less than a kilometre it stopped, please help me with the solution, if the fuel is drained, will it run again or is there any damage?

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Are you talking about gasoline as we say here in the US? If you can pump the tank dry and replace the fuel filter, you might be okay but every case is different.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Are you talking about gasoline as we say here in the US? If you can pump the tank dry and replace the fuel filter, you might be okay but every case is different.
I believe the reference is to 500ppm sulfur (aka low sulfur) diesel.

OP, you'll need to get it out of there and put 50 ppm in. Your ECU might have just freaked out from all the sulfur suddenly in the fuel and the result on the exhaust/emissions cycle. Damage, if any, would be to the emissions system, but in that short a time I don't think you have any worries.

Last edited:

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
I don't think the sulfur content itself is responsible for the sudden failure to run. I'd say it was some very old, nasty/contaminated fuel. I'd pump it out and change the fuel filter.

Last edited:

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
Do they even have a DPF on cars there? IIRC, that's one of very few things that higher that 50ppm sulfur will affect.

- Tim

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
I know of a few vw's that have been fed 500ppm and even 5,000 ppm down in mexico and both are still running perfectly today.