Post fix TCM in sport mode

Yai

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI, 2014 Touareg- R Line
Hi,

I posted this in club Touareg. I did try searching, and wanted to get some opinions and experience/feedback.

“Hello,

Got my 2014 TDI R line I’ve always wanted. I was lucky enough to find one with 19,000 km. I had to do quite a bit researching before getting the Touareg and is the 2nd TDI, first automatic tranny I’ve had.
I’ve never driven a pre-fix treg, but when I step on it (while in D mode) there’s so much delay! I tried the S mode, and is def a lot better. I’m strongly thinking of getting yrktrg TCM fix. I’m just hesitant, as I’d hate to swap out my parts, because it’s so low mileage. Queation, is there a substantial difference from the pre-fix D mode vs the post-fix in sport mode? Would getting cayenne coding be pretty close to the pre-fix treg TCM? And, wouldn’t a post fixed cayenne coding be similar as the post fix tcm?
I don’t know if I can really enjoy driving the car like this. My manual MK6 TDI Golf didn’t change much at all, after getting the emission recall work completed. I love my treg, but it really feels like I’m driving a cvt transmission, and massive turbo lag. Is it bad idea to just keep driving the car in “S” mode, in terms of fuel consumption and longevity?”

Thanks,

Ron

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
If you don’t like what you have now, strongly suggest you do the TCU remedy with yrktrg. Many satisfied customers there.

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
Consider also getting a tune to bring it to life.
The ZF tranny in my A6 is much smoother and faster shifting than the Aisin tranny in the T-Reg. I have been considering yrktrg fix also, but now that I am tuned its not as bad, but still not as good as it was prior to the fix.

Yai

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks for the feedback, and looks like I’m going to just get it done sooner vs later. I feel bad driving the car the way it is. It feels like I’m riding the clutch, or driving with a slipping clutch :S. Sport mode is definitely much better.

mobetta

TDI
01 Golf, 04 Jetta wagon
have you tried the reset procedure?

key on engine off, hold accel pedal to floor for 10+ seconds. shut off and start engine

Yai

Veteran Member
TDI
have you tried the reset procedure?

key on engine off, hold accel pedal to floor for 10+ seconds. shut off and start engine
I haven’t tried. I read it doesn’t fix what vw had done to the TCM. It’s worth a shot, so I’ll give it a go.