New SE Florida TDI Group / meetup

ss05c

TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Anyone who would be interested in FINALLY getting a regular group together, lets do it!

Please message me the following info:
1) Name
2) Phone #
3) Email
4) City you live in
5) What day and time you can meet

Also would be interested in suggestions:
1) good meeting place
2) Frequency we should get the group together

I will create a database, query all the results, and pick a good central location and time that works best for the majority.

So for everyone who has been waiting, the talking about it phase is now officially over and the doing it phase has begun :)

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
I don't speak for everyone, but as for myself, if I had the time, I would probably just take a hike down to see the DC (dub cartel). They meet on wednesdays in miami...

The thought of having enough extra time that I could go "hang out" somewhere on a regular basis though is very entertaining though.

upsbroke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB and '13 JSW
SE Fla

X 2 on the Jax gtg. I've made the last 3 gtg's in Jax- alot of nice people with alot of good food and fun! P.S.- do it right- get a motel the nite before.

ss05c

TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Thanks for the info.

Based on the other south florida post that was started a few years back, I guess I thought there would be enough TDI folks in this part of Florida to warrant its own group. Sounds like Miami it is if these responses don't pick up.

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
hey guys, can any one vouch for Orange Park VW in Jacksonville or recommend a VW shop local to JAX where I can get my 30k mile free service done please? thanks a bunch (road trip to Fla starts this Friday!)

AUGSX

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GL TDI 5spd
I'm down for a hang out, been to dub cartel once, wasn't my cup of tea. I guess I am to old.

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
I'm down for a hang out, been to dub cartel once, wasn't my cup of tea. I guess I am to old.
You went a VW hang out, or a TDI hang out? (they're two very different things)

Pitboy

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf 2 Door
Thanks for the info.

Based on the other south florida post that was started a few years back, I guess I thought there would be enough TDI folks in this part of Florida to warrant its own group. Sounds like Miami it is if these responses don't pick up.
It's a good idea, but most everyone always seems too busy down here. Best bet may be to try to set up a GTG like they have up north. There might be enough interest, then again there might not.

Todd

Cafpow

TDI
"Bluebird" '06 TDi Jetta
I'd be interested but I'm not sure i can make it to miami anytime soon, i live in daytona and am a full time student and have a job so my freetime is minimal.

ss05c

TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Just to clarify:

This proposed group would be for TDI's, not a general vw group. Also it will not necessarily meet in Miami. Just depends on what the most convenient location would be for the majority of group members.

I think if we even only get 5 or 10 cars together, it would be pretty easy to facilitate something that works for everyone, maybe meet once a month or so.

Whoever is interested, just shoot me a message with your info and as soon as we have a few together Ill set something up.

AUGSX

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GL TDI 5spd
Pm sent

And yes Dub Cartel is not a TDI group but is open to all european cars.

iCharlie

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI -Alaska Green- (sold) 2005.5 Jetta TDI BRM
so true...I'm pretty sure the dub cartel is a vw hangout not a tdi hang out...probably has a few ricers....
Actually it does not. Im a Dub Cartel member and have been for well over a year now. No ricers at all. Also, not a TDI specific meet. But there are 6 TDIs, myself included (2 ALH, 2PD (one owner owning an ALH as well), and CR). However, the other members don't come regularly. Usually its just me and the CR. Feel free to come by on a wednesday night! :D We're a friendly bunch and we don't bite! :p

I'd also like the idea of a local TDI club meet. Rather it be weekly or biweekly or something of the such. I'm up for meeting local dubber, especially diesel dubs!

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
Actually it does not. Im a Dub Cartel member and have been for well over a year now. No ricers at all. Also, not a TDI specific meet. But there are 6 TDIs, myself included (2 ALH, 2PD (one owner owning an ALH as well), and CR). However, the other members don't come regularly. Usually its just me and the CR. Feel free to come by on a wednesday night! :D We're a friendly bunch and we don't bite! :p
I'd also like the idea of a local TDI club meet. Rather it be weekly or biweekly or something of the such. I'm up for meeting local dubber, especially diesel dubs!

Very cool, I'll definitely get down to see you guys soon, every wed I keep thinking about it, I decide that I'm definitely going to make it this week...and yeah...I still haven't made it down, looking forward to it though.

Maybe you'll be adding two alhs and a couple of pds soon...
Andrew

iCharlie

Veteran Member
TDI
I've seen a lot of 2009+ Jetta Wagons. 9/10 were TDI. Im sure they'd be interested too if they knew. Once we get something going, we have to get flyers!

swellsrise

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
Hey guys. I'm kind of new this. I have a 2009 Jetta TDI (DSG, 40,000 miles). I live in ATL but I'll be moving to Tampa this summer. I think it would be cool to meet some other TDI owners.

ss05c

TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Cool. Still getting a pm here and there, looks like we are up to 7. I'll be going to the race at sebring this weekend, but will start working on setting something up next week!

iCharlie

Veteran Member
TDI
I work in Homestead until 7pm Monday-Thursday so any time after that is good for me

iCharlie

Veteran Member
TDI
For what it's worth, Dub Cartel with be meeting at Sports Grill on sw 88th st and 97th ave tonight for those who are interested :)

AUGSX

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GL TDI 5spd
This thread has been quiet for to long. What's up fellas let's not fall asleep on this.

josh8loop

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 VW Jetta TDI Manual(performed 01M to 5-speed swap) - 183,000 miles and climbing!
I'm in Port St. Lucie, and would be interested in seeing everyone, especially talking about and looking at cars/mods.

AUGSX

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GL TDI 5spd
As usual another South Florida GTG thread goes the way of the Dodo bird.

where2

Veteran Member
TDI
One '13 JSW_TDI & One '04 Variant_TDI
As usual another South Florida GTG thread goes the way of the Dodo bird.
Bummer, and I just showed up... I guess I'll just have to talk to my wife when she get's home with her 5spd TDI since my DSG TDI is already sitting in the driveway. :)

I read the comments about the Dub Cartel meets, but that's a haul from the north end of PB. Anyone ever been to the VWVortex 561 gatherings? Based on their ongoing thread over there, they don't seem to be TDI types, but I suppose it might be fun to crash one of their evenings unannounced if we had a few Local TDI's interested. ;)

Someday, I'll crash one of their evenings unannounced with one of my Corrado_G60's, if I can ever get fully employed to where I can afford to work on it again.

ramtd89

TDI
I want one!!!
I know this is off topic....

Hey guys, I know this is off topic, and please show forgiveness for me asking this here but Im a little desperate for help.

I am looking for someone in or around Miami that could check a car out for me, specifically someone who knows how to check for cam wear.

I found a 2005.5 with 120k and would just like to see the car get checked out before I buy.

I will pay for this of course, if someone is interested, please PM me.

Once again, sorry for the distruption :eek: