Passat GT 190PS 2016

EoinMag

TDI
2016 Passat GT 190PS
I just travelled from Ireland to England about three weeks back to buy myself a 2016 Passat GT 190PS and save myself a fortune in the process.

She's nicely specced, missing only really parking assist and LED lights, larger screen and keyles entry most every other toy is on her.

ODO was at 115k miles when bought, the car was put through MOT every year as it was a chauffeur limo from airport.
Very well looked after all servive miletstones bang on.

My previous motor was an 04 passat 130PS, which I liked an awful lot until the repair bills started to hold me to ransom.

Last edited:

EoinMag

TDI
2016 Passat GT 190PS
It looks great. Still wish we could get them on this side of the Atlantic.

My last one was an 04 SE 130PS, this is so much nicer. I mean the old tdi 1.9 engine was super, and even when the car was being sold for the price of a few beers...the engine still starts every time ...first time, most it has ever turned over before starting is on a cold morning it would turn twice, starting on the second chug...

This one, being new generation, has so many more nice bells and whistles, I hope to get many years of motoring out of her.

She also looks the part.

goodmonkey

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI, 2011 Touareg TDI
Neither of them. We don't get an Estate version of our post B6 car, also known as the NMS Passat. Saloons are all we get. There was a GT in the gas model, but not so with the TDI. Ours is rated for 140HP, except the last year, 2015, it was rated for 150HP.

The Estate version is what I really wish we had, but our market doesn't support it as of now.

Example is my own: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=489476

Last edited:

EoinMag

TDI
2016 Passat GT 190PS
That's a shame, it looks better as an estate than it does as a saloon, and it's a super family car.
I presume then that anyone hitting 190 with these cars stateside is self-tuning, the engine has to be good up to about 200-210 before you change to the 240PS model which I believe is not the same engine at all.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Oh, if we could only have these on this side of the pond...

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
And it would be nice if you could reduce the size of your pictures...

EoinMag

TDI
2016 Passat GT 190PS
So, I'm driving the car almost two months now. I have to say, it's a joy to drive, it has all the power I need and more. It is comfortable like a limo and has features out he kazoo (chilled glove compartment anyone?). I am very very happy with my purchase and rue the day when the diesel engine goes away and I change to electricity as driving freedom will go with speed limited engines and auto driving taking over. This could be the last generation of TDI's really before it all goes. Pity you guys can't get this model, it's a beauty with better fuel consumption than my old 1.9.