TDIClub Forums

TDIClub Forums (http://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php)
-   TDIFest 2009 (http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Volkswagen of America @ TDIFest 2009! (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=255784)

VeeDubTDI August 18th, 2009 10:19

Volkswagen of America @ TDIFest 2009!

Well folks, here it is... the long-awaited announcement of Volkswagen of America's participation in this year's TDIFest! We're really in for a treat this year... here's what we're getting...

On display all weekend:
  • Golf 6 TDI
  • Jetta TDI Cup Street Edition
  • Jetta TDI Cup Race Car
Saturday 11am-3pm and Sunday 9am-3pm, VWoA will have a couple of marketing people on site to answer questions, talk about upcoming TDIs, and distribute information to anyone who's interested.

I will find out more details next week, but we're looking at having VW Parts & Accessories there to sell swag and merchandise. Other possibilities include a couple of cars from Audi, TDI Cup Race drivers to hang out, sign posters, and talk about the racing series.

The fest planners and VWoA will be contacting some of the local dealers to try and obtain some cars for test drives. Unfortunately, the JSW TDI is nearly impossible to find right now, so chances that we'll get one of those are incredibly slim. However, there is the possibility that we will get some 2009 sedans and maybe a Touareg.

Don't miss out on the 10th annual TDIFest and VWoA's display. We will also have some other goodies provided by VWoA that we're not going to tell you about right now. Gotta keep some things a surprise, right? :D

I'll update this thread as I find out more information.

mrchill August 18th, 2009 10:51

Coolio!! Wonder if we could get them to do a speaking session?...That would be awesome! And would give folks the opportunity to find out the truth of VW's diesel plans.

VeeDubTDI August 18th, 2009 11:00

I don't want them to do a speaking session. I fear that some people would take it as an opportunity to vent about PD cams, oil specs, B5 problems, and dealer service. Not gonna happen this year... :)

compu_85 August 18th, 2009 11:01

Sweet! I'm looking forward to it!

-J

tomo366 August 18th, 2009 11:22

I agree with Lawson.........to many disatisfied customers here......;)

jettafock August 18th, 2009 13:00

what about getting a tour of the newish VWoA headquarters?

Windjammer August 18th, 2009 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeeDubTDI
I fear that some people would take it as an opportunity to vent about PD cams, oil specs, B5 problems, and dealer service.

No way. This such a complacent group. ;)

VeeDubTDI August 18th, 2009 13:42

Dan, if you want a tour of a fancy cube farm...

The interesting stuff is in the parking lot. You'll see some VWs that you've never seen before. Feel free to cruise around their lot that weekend. Friday afternoon would be a good time to do that since most of the staff drive cars home, and a lot of the concepts will be out at events that weekend (including ours).

Torque_Delight August 18th, 2009 14:53

Golf 6 TDI ! http://www.smiliesftw.com/x/greddyrun.gif

SnowCub August 18th, 2009 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torque_Delight

Yes! Oh man, I'm gonna drool. Wonder if they will give one as a door prize ;)

VeeDubTDI August 18th, 2009 15:24

Haha, I doubt it. :) But you're welcome to drool all you want! :D

SnowWife August 18th, 2009 17:33

Lawson please don't give Warren any ideas. We are officially saving up for a new Golf 6. I just hope that he isn't to big ;) to fit into it.

Quote:

Haha, I doubt it. :) But you're welcome to drool all you want! :D

VeeDubTDI August 18th, 2009 17:52

I think you two will fall in love with it when you see it (if you haven't seen one already). Very smart design.

SnowCub August 18th, 2009 18:27

need.... want...do not want to wait.... hmm, I wonder if I could find a few drunk people to carry it over to a trailer for me ;)

owr084 August 18th, 2009 19:26

Quote:

I don't want them to do a speaking session. I fear that some people would take it as an opportunity to vent about PD cams, oil specs, B5 problems, and dealer service. Not gonna happen this year... :)

You mean we can't build a pyramid of balance shaft modules in the lobby? Spoilsport ;)