MAF or n75 valve??

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
Hi all,

the other day I lost boost in my beetle, this is the second time it has done this in a month. that actuator is fine. i fiddled with the n75 valve and i can blow and vacuum air both ways through the black spout on the lower right side. is that normal? somewhere i had read that means it's bad or something... either way i couldn't get boost back. so i tried unplugging the maf. i drove it out the driveway and boost it works!! drove it half a mile, plugged the maf back in, and now it drives great. is my maf going out? a bad connection? this is the second time it has happened to me (both in the past month). last time I turned the car off, restarted and it was fine. Did that a couple different times actually, but it had been fine for the last two weeks until yesterday.

Thanks,
GlowBugTDI

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 golf tdi 4 door auto now a manual, mine, 2000 golf 2 door M/T son's,daughters 98 NB non-TDI 2.0, 2003 TDI NB for next daughter, head repaired and on road,gluten for punishment got another tdi 2001NB,another yellow tdi NB

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
check engine comes on but i also had to do an egr delete (kinda broke off and shot exhaust out by the windshield wipers), so that comes up as well. when there wasn't any boost though the light wouldn't be on then soon as the ecu shut the turbo down the light would come on. where as normally the engine light is always on because of the missing egr.