handbrake adjustment

vw754

Veteran Member
TDI
AUDI A3 2.0 tdi
I could do with a handbrake adjustment on my car as when applied it works on a hill but on about 5 notches (too high) id like it to work on 3 clicks max. Discs are good as ar the pads,i think maybe the cables have stretched over the years,the car has done over 100k+miles.

I thort maybe you guys have done this or know how its done.

2001 (B6) A4 1.9 TDI 130BHP.

AccountingTroll

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 1996, Pearl White 2006 NB, Red
Hmmm, an Audi B6 with a 130BHP TDI. I hate the US market. Why, oh why, can't we have that car here?

To answer your question, I have no idea. I've never been inside a B6 let alone worked on one. The fellows on the B5 forum might have an answer.

However, my gut says they are using the same ratchet mechanism that most other VW/Audi cars use. If you can figure out how to remove the boot and trim, your should see the cables attached to the mechanism with two 10mm nuts. Loosen the nuts and take up the slack.

Good Luck.

vw754

Veteran Member
TDI
AUDI A3 2.0 tdi
AccountingTroll said:
Hmmm, an Audi B6 with a 130BHP TDI. I hate the US market. Why, oh why, can't we have that car here?

To answer your question, I have no idea. I've never been inside a B6 let alone worked on one. The fellows on the B5 forum might have an answer.

However, my gut says they are using the same ratchet mechanism that most other VW/Audi cars use. If you can figure out how to remove the boot and trim, your should see the cables attached to the mechanism with two 10mm nuts. Loosen the nuts and take up the slack.

Good Luck.
more complicated than the b5...2 bolt method.