excessive Fuel consumption

yabay

TDI
Caddy MK3 1.9 TDI PD105
Hi, I have a 2005 Caddy 1.9 TDI BJB 2005, My car comsumes excessive fuel. I have done several things but no chance :confused:

What have done:

No faulty sensor
No fault code
torsion is +0.5 (also tested -3 , 0.00 etc now testing +2.0)
2 times i'adjusted the injectors top end to stabilize the idle.
Injectors are in good condition. We serviced them 2 times nozzles,leak and checked then ultrasound cleaned etc.
Turbo is new , No leakage, no limp mode, vanes moves freely
No vacuum leak
Tandem works well
no cam wear,
Compression is good,
starts in the first crank hot or cold.
All filters oil change periodicly,
Maf reads in specs,
Map read in specs (also replaced them to check)
İn 5-10 minutes coolant hits 90c car heats up well.

Today i will take screenshots and show the measuring blocks.
(I have Delphi DS150E and VCDS )

Any idea will accepted. Thank you guys...:(

Last edited:

scooperhsd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB, 2000, RED(5 Speed conversion) 2015 Golf SE
First - define Excess fuel consumption , in terms of MPG or L/KM, so we can tell you if it's inline or not.
Thanks

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
yeaa, What ^^^^^^ Said
we need more information, what you did before, any emissions fix things, and so forth and what your old milage was, and is now, LPM or GPH at ilde, and at certain rpm on each gear and so forth. This can all be logged with VCDS or visible from a scangauge II, sounds like your on it, report back with more details please.

Carlos_TJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Bora (BXE PD)
Hello
Is the BJB engine Unit Injector (PD) or CR?

Your injector deviation is not the best.
While range is +/- 2.99 in practice anything above 0.50 should be investigated and anything over +/- 1.00 usually means something is likely wrong.

Also, on a normal engine, the values along each injector should be numerically close.

In the case of PD engines could mean
- worn out cam lobes
- defective injector (clogged, deffective pattern etc)
- wrong backlash

In the case of PD engines, the Injector deviation directly reflects the electrical signal (amperage? PWM duty cycle?) to each injector in order to mantain the angular speed of the crankshaft.

That is why there a several possible causes to those numbers.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

yabay

TDI
Caddy MK3 1.9 TDI PD105
Carlos,i think you can help me,

My BJB is pue Pump Duse

Cams or lobes are ok.
Injectors took out by my self and serviced with a pro. he've said that worn out cam lobes can couse to this problem. these 2 parts are all in good condition.

-Wrong backlash? ( do you mean about injector top end adj.?) i've tried 4-5 times adjusment, nothing changed.

yabay

TDI
Caddy MK3 1.9 TDI PD105
let make it clear .

In the case of PD engines, the Injector deviation directly reflects the electrical signal (amperage? PWM duty cycle?) to each injector in order to mantain the angular speed of the crankshaft.

Last edited:

Carlos_TJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Bora (BXE PD)
There is no direct feedback of fuel injected back to the ECU.
The ECU monitors the angular speed of the crank. It is so precise and high resolution that the ECU can measure the effect of each cylinder/injector to the engine speed. If the contribution of a given piston/injector does not match the specified speed, the ECU will try to compensate by changing the signal to that specific injector. It may even change the setting for the adjacent injector in order to normalize the engine speed.

Does your car produce black smoke when accelerating?
Does it produce heavy pinging sound when accelerating?

Carlos_TJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Bora (BXE PD)
I also should mention that PD injector install is a delicate job where they are easy to damage if not careful when seating the injector.

You dont mention your mechanical skill. Did you follow VW spec? Did you use their tool?

Also, we are asuming you have a healthy enginw block
---> cylinder compression inside specification

Last edited:

yabay

TDI
Caddy MK3 1.9 TDI PD105
Does your car produce black smoke when accelerating?
Does it produce heavy pinging sound when accelerating?

I'll record the all situation of my car asap.

yabay

TDI
Caddy MK3 1.9 TDI PD105
I also should mention that PD injector install is a delicate job where they are easy to damage if not careful when seating the injector.

You dont mention your mechanical skill. Did you follow VW spec? Did you use their tool?

Also, we are asuming you have a healthy enginw block
---> cylinder compression inside specification

we seat the pd injectors precise when installing to the engine.

TDI
VW Beetle
yeaa, What ^^^^^^ Said
we need more information, what you did before, any emissions fix things, and so forth and what your old milage was, and is now, LPM or GPH at ilde, and at certain rpm on each gear and so forth. This can all be logged with VCDS or visible from a scangauge II, sounds like your on it, report back with more details please.
Gm

I have same issues
2006 volkswagon beetle tdi 1.9 liter
No modifications
Last week 34 mpg as normal for past five years
This week 15 mpg
Cleaned MAF, air filter is fine , oil and filter changed , checked tire pressure at 37 psi
Nothing change until last week. It happened overnight, no visible leaks of any kind except ac drip from running ac in Florida.
Can you help?

Wilkins

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta Wagon 5sp, 10 Sportwagen 6MT
I assume you don’t have codes, have checked the brakes are not dragging and the car runs normally with normal power? Are you sure no one siphoned fuel?

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Gm

I have same issues
2006 volkswagon beetle tdi 1.9 liter
No modifications
Last week 34 mpg as normal for past five years
This week 15 mpg
Cleaned MAF, air filter is fine , oil and filter changed , checked tire pressure at 37 psi
Nothing change until last week. It happened overnight, no visible leaks of any kind except ac drip from running ac in Florida.
Can you help?
Old thread-new poster-same subject. I'm good with that, some not so much.
I might question how you got those numbers.
Cause that's drastic. I'd expect a puddle of fuel. Or maybe it's a gauge mis-reporting. or what Wilkens said.
34 is in line with fueleconomy.gov (seemed low to me, guess not).