Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I'm hitting the road for Maine in about 25 minutes! I'm excited. :cool:

MonsterDog

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
Our cars are all packed too! Tom will be heading out shortly - with a stop in NJ to get rid of the 'kids'. I'm trying to finish a few things at the office & will be heading out at noon.. Rendevous at the Poconos for the night.. :p

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Heading out tomorrow at zero dark thirty. Stopping in CT and RI to visit a couple of boatbuilder friends, then on to Cape Cod. Arriving in Maine Friday after picking compu_85 up at the Portland Airport.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
The Touareg just requested that I check the oil, so I did, and it was fine. I added a half quart of delicious TDT and now it is full and happy. High maintenance beast. :rolleyes: ;)

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
The Touareg just requested that I check the oil, so I did, and it was fine. I added a half quart of delicious TDT and now it is full and happy. High maintenance beast. :rolleyes: ;)
LoL...

Safe travels!

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Seems that every time you take that thing out of the driveway, you have to sacrifice a Squirrel to it in order to make it safely to your destination LOL :rolleyes:

MrVermin

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
I'm not packed, but I do have stuff gathered for the trip.
A little different for me this year as I'm not planning to be home from the fest until the 21st.
The long trip with 3400+ miles camping in Labrador and Newfoundland comes after the fest this time.

Yeah, sorry. I'm old enough (born when Eisenhower was prez) that I still think of them as two places, not one province.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
I really like your license plate.:)

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
I'm not packed, but I do have stuff gathered for the trip.
A little different for me this year as I'm not planning to be home from the fest until the 21st.
The long trip with 3400+ miles camping in Labrador and Newfoundland comes after the fest this time.

Yeah, sorry. I'm old enough (born when Eisenhower was prez) that I still think of them as two places, not one province.
Ask me about my RCMP show in St. Johns Newfoundland...

VeeDubTDI

TDI
We are here, safe and sound!

The weather here is amazing and the hotel is cleaned up from winter and absolutely gorgeous!

Cheapest fuel in the area is on route 2 near Gorham, NH at $2.37/gallon. It's $2.54 in Bethel.

The first tank in the Touareg towing a 5x8 trailer was 18 MPG, which dropped to 17 MPG for the second tank in the mountains.

ochoada

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2012 Jetta Sedan 2012 Jetta Sportwagen
So jealous! Can't leave until school is out on Fri and 17hrs of driving (google maps non labor day traffic prediction) Still excited though :)

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
Glad you made it safe & sound. Thanks for the heads up on the fuel. It's too bad Saladino's in Gorham closed after 37 years, they had better Italian food than we had in almost all of Italy.

I'm still swapping turbos and finishing up a bunch of other stuff. I got caught up diagnosing W386's B4V which he said developed a high pitch rpm whine. Turned out to be a failing alternator AOD. Luckily I had a spare on the shelf. I should have everything buttoned up Thursday and am picking BleachedBora up in Portland Friday morning, then it's straight to the Fest.

MonsterDog

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
We are here, safe and sound!

The weather here is amazing and the hotel is cleaned up from winter and absolutely gorgeous!

Cheapest fuel in the area is on route 2 near Gorham, NH at $2.37/gallon. It's $2.54 in Bethel.

The first tank in the Touareg towing a 5x8 trailer was 18 MPG, which dropped to 17 MPG for the second tank in the mountains.
We are on the road (together) and should arrive around 3. Taking a similar scenic route as we did last time. See you soon.

YukonLT

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2010 Golf TDI 6MT
Man I really wanted to make it up to this, but I just couldn't commit to the whole weekend...too much going on :(

Hope everyone has a great time!

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Man I really wanted to make it up to this, but I just couldn't commit to the whole weekend...too much going on :(

Hope everyone has a great time!

Any chance you can still come for a part of the weekend? Some people are arriving late or leaving early. It's a long trip, but it's worth it!

Disclaimer: I am on tapatalk at the moment, which doesn't show your location, so this could be totally out in left field somewhere. ;)

MonsterTDI09

TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
We are here.

cfc1016

TDI
2003 ALH Wagon Auto; 2001 Beetle 5spd
Will be departing this evening. Stops in Montpelier and Jackson (just a brief skip up the great gulf trail) then checking in tomorrow night. After that, just a hop skip and a jump to Millinocket and Scarborough before jumping into fest-ivities.

Campbellonh

Veteran Member
TDI
formerly:Passat, 96, white and 10 Jetta, white gold
We are up here too now, but we aren't staying at the resort. We had found a little house on a lake nearby to rent.

n1das

TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
Leaving home in Nashua NH in the X5 35d tomorrow (Thursday) sometime in the afternoon. :)

YukonLT

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2010 Golf TDI 6MT
Any chance you can still come for a part of the weekend? Some people are arriving late or leaving early. It's a long trip, but it's worth it!

Disclaimer: I am on tapatalk at the moment, which doesn't show your location, so this could be totally out in left field somewhere. ;)
It's about 4 hours for me, which would be a nice drive into Maine. I could do it Saturday possibly. I'm sure some people would like to see the CP3 set up. I still have to buy the membership though, which I keep forgetting to do.

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
OK, I was hoping to leave Toronto tonight around midnight to get to the Fest early Friday morning, but my Transmission decided it had other plans for me.

After not being able to select reverse or properly get the shifter into 1st, 3rd or 5th, I thought that the shifter fork went bad. After opening it up, we found that it was actually the Shaft that rotated and bent :eek:.

I have sourced a new shaft and reinforced the shifter fork since it is open (too bad I can't source or afford an LSD to put in since it is open already:() and once it is all put back together and closed up I should be ok to leave for the fest sometime Friday morning ish. :eek:

See ya when I get there.

I am gonna seriously need some ZEN Time once I get there....

MrVermin

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
After that drive from Detroit to Maine, how's the new turbo working out?
Are you going to have to find a dyno and update your signature again?

Have Fun!

Don

P.S. I wish I could be there.
May stop in Vegas on way home if I can make appointment with Mike at TDTuning to run on the dyno in Henderson and have Mike adjust the tune. New turbo is VERY responsive at the low end. Lots more at the top end also. Think my 9 month old VR6 clutch will be due for replacement soon. It slipped once or twice already. Right now I am seeing 23 lbs boost on a "safe" tune. Need to dial back fuel a bit. Still too much smoke. But no huge cloud of black smoke like you saw in San Diego.