TDIClub Forums

TDIClub Forums (http://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php)
-   Audi SUVs (Q7 & Q5) and other V6 TDIs (http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Prices are coming down (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=495803)

greengeeker January 17th, 2019 22:11

Prices are coming down
 
Been watching and the A8's are starting to drop into the low $20k range....A6s even in the mid to low teens.

And for fun I keep an eye on mobile.de where you can pick up a v10 Phaeton for <$3k and even the V12 Q7s are around $25k. No, they can't be imported but they certainly can make their way into the states in pieces and serve as a donor car. :cool:

Huskies2710 January 18th, 2019 05:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by greengeeker (Post 5475287)
Been watching and the A8's are starting to drop into the low $20k range....A6s even in the mid to low teens.
And for fun I keep an eye on mobile.de where you can pick up a v10 Phaeton for <$3k and even the V12 Q7s are around $25k. No, they can't be imported but they certainly can make their way into the states in pieces and serve as a donor car. :cool:

Where are you seeing this?

In Chicago the few '16 A6 TDI's available are selling all of a sudden (I had a few bookmarked and they are gone now) or prices have gone up a bit into the $31-33k range.

greengeeker January 18th, 2019 08:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huskies2710 (Post 5475341)
Where are you seeing this?
In Chicago the few '16 A6 TDI's available are selling all of a sudden (I had a few bookmarked and they are gone now) or prices have gone up a bit into the $31-33k range.

cars.com

They list 6 cars below $20k and 26 cars <$25k.

The A7 seems to be demanding the highest prices still. Probably because it's just a damn gorgeous car.

oilhammer January 18th, 2019 10:09

Kinda sucks Dieselgate happened before the TDI A4s and TTs got here. :(

greengeeker January 18th, 2019 10:33

Neither of us would fit well in a TT Brian. ;)

oilhammer January 18th, 2019 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by greengeeker (Post 5475439)
Neither of us would fit well in a TT Brian. ;)


I fit great in the newer ones. Getting in and out isn't too easy, but once I am in there they are fine, and a blast to drive.

Johhny04 January 19th, 2019 11:57

Up here in Canada there are a few brand new A6 and A7 still around. Anything to keep in mind with these models if one was to consider one? Electronics, suspension, transmission? I'm assuming same V6 as in all Audi Q models and VW Toureg's.

Huskies2710 January 20th, 2019 11:15

There are only two '16 A6 Prestige available in my area on CarGurus. Before Christmas there were about 20. Cars.com only has one 2014 A6 Prestige and its $28k.

Fingers crossed when May 1st rolls around there is more to choose from.

greengeeker January 20th, 2019 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huskies2710 (Post 5476073)
There are only two '16 A6 Prestige available in my area on CarGurus. Before Christmas there were about 20. Cars.com only has one 2014 A6 Prestige and its $28k.

Fingers crossed when May 1st rolls around there is more to choose from.

What happens May 1st?

Huskies2710 January 20th, 2019 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by greengeeker (Post 5476100)
What happens May 1st?

Winter will be over and time will be right to get an A6 TDI
:)

Going to be a long 3+ months waiting.

Huskies2710 January 20th, 2019 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johhny04 (Post 5475771)
Up here in Canada there are a few brand new A6 and A7 still around. Anything to keep in mind with these models if one was to consider one? Electronics, suspension, transmission? I'm assuming same V6 as in all Audi Q models and VW Toureg's.

I chatted with a dealership in my area that had 3 new A6 TDIs with the fix completed. Less then 250 miles on them. They were including a full warranty till 2022 with the cars. Maybe see if the dealership will have a warranty for you. Anything that can dry out or lose it's proper seal from not being used is something to be careful about on a car sitting for a few years. They quoted the cars at $52k but I never went farther on haggling with them. Christmas came and all the cars were gone.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:38.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright - TDIClub Online LTD - 2017

Page generated in 0.06872 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 12.33 Kb. compressed to 11.61 Kb. by saving 0.72 Kb. (5.83%)]