TDIClub Forums

TDIClub Forums (http://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php)
-   VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) (http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Found a nice app to monitor DPF. (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=481602)

amitsekhon September 11th, 2017 10:13

Found a nice app to monitor DPF.

Hi folks, Just would like to share my find of really nice app for monitoring DPF.Its called VAG DPF.There are two versions.One is free and other one monitor.Not sure if its available for IOS.

Here is the screenshot

https://yadi.sk/i/Kzeby43S3MoBSa

KERMA September 11th, 2017 10:30

Awesome find!!!!

thanks for posting

1854sailor September 11th, 2017 11:00

Cool! How does it read that? Is there a dongle that plugs into the OBD II port?

amitsekhon September 11th, 2017 11:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1854sailor (Post 5326344)
Cool! How does it read that? Is there a dongle that plugs into the OBD II port?

Yes it needs a ELM dongle.I used generic elm327 bluetooth adapter from ebay.

1854sailor September 11th, 2017 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitsekhon (Post 5326350)
Yes it needs a ELM dongle.I used generic elm327 bluetooth adapter from ebay.

Thanks. I checked and it isn't available for iOS...

Lightflyer1 September 11th, 2017 12:11

Google store app link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...p.vagdpf&hl=en

amitsekhon September 11th, 2017 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1854sailor (Post 5326354)
Thanks. I checked and it isn't available for iOS...

You can also get a old cheap used android phone and leave it in your car just for that purpose.

740GLE September 12th, 2017 04:56

amzaon kindles can be had for $30-$45 and then side load any app that isn't supported by the limited amazon app store. They may be a a bit large and sluggish at 7" but still darn cheap.

That's how I got a free version of torque on it.

Petra's cousin September 12th, 2017 18:56

Did you get this to work on a cjaa engine? I can't get it to work and am trying to figure out if it's my cheap Bluetooth adapter or some configuration thing on my part. Thanks, John

amitsekhon September 13th, 2017 07:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petra's cousin (Post 5326895)
Did you get this to work on a cjaa engine? I can't get it to work and am trying to figure out if it's my cheap Bluetooth adapter or some configuration thing on my part. Thanks, John

Did you find your CJAA engine in the engine list inside settings?

You can also try selecting every engine group available.Also make sure that you keep your ignition on while connecting.

Petra's cousin September 14th, 2017 06:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitsekhon (Post 5327044)
Did you find your CJAA engine in the engine list inside settings?
You can also try selecting every engine group available.Also make sure that you keep your ignition on while connecting.

No CJAA in the list of tested engines. I'll give it another go today to see if any of the engine groups work for it but it also says that some cheapo bluetooth units won't work.

John

740GLE September 14th, 2017 09:20

When I used torque with custom PIDs, the PIDs were the same for the CRKA engine of the passat as the CJAA engine, maybe try the CRKA. I haven't checked all the PIDs on the Gen 3 engine as the wife thinks it stupid waste of of my time to monitor the car on long trips. I think it's because it'd distract her from critiquing my driving.

Petra's cousin September 16th, 2017 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by 740GLE (Post 5327450)
When I used torque with custom PIDs, the PIDs were the same for the CRKA engine of the passat as the CJAA engine, maybe try the CRKA. I haven't checked all the PIDs on the Gen 3 engine as the wife thinks it stupid waste of of my time to monitor the car on long trips. I think it's because it'd distract her from critiquing my driving.

No dice - no CRKA in the list of pretested engines (or supported engines).

I did try each of the engine options and none of them worked for me so I still don't know if its just that the CJAA engine is not supported or if its my ELM327 knockoff.

John

giuseppe_b September 20th, 2017 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by 740GLE (Post 5327450)

FWIW, when I got my GSW with the Gen3, I see that Torque Pro seems to read the same PIDs as it had on my CJAA. I also got yelled at a road trip this summer by the wife, they cannot seem to understand our need to be connected to our cars I suppose. Once setup (before the drive begins) it is no different than looking at the radio settings or other gauges in the car, I tell her.

Lightflyer1 September 20th, 2017 11:59

Set some alarms so you don't have to look as much.