California Passat TDI Status

DannyR

TDI
Passat 2013
Hello and Happy New Year to All!
I have a 2013 Passat TDI and have not converted over to the Dark Side yet. I went over my miles and have to buy the car and have this year to submit my baby for the conversion. It has been running great thus far and read about the issues that may happen from VW corp. I have found few articles from out of country and other states but not from California. Has anyone already done the conversion in California and the issues that have followed if any? Thank you much for you help!
DannyR

flee

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS wagon
People who have the update have reported a range of outcomes, from no major change
to very noticeable difference in driving but not based on what state you're in.
FWIW, I'm going to wait until as late as possible to take my 2012 in.

scooperhsd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB, 2000, RED(5 Speed conversion) 2015 Golf SE
With a 2013 Passat - the issue is whether it is a manual or DSG (automatic). There is a fix for the DSG's but not for the manuals. You can keep driving it regardless, but if you want money you will need to do the buyback for the manuals.

Deadline - sometime in Sept 2018 - I'd suggest getting your paperwork turned in before August.

DannyR

TDI
Passat 2013
Thank you for the feedback! I am going to wait almost until March to give me some time to make the changes. Getting some fuel injection hesitations now in the morning and trying some cleaners to see if it helps.