2015 golf?

rpm-inc

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 beetle, 2015 golf s
Looking to replace my 2000 beetle tdi. Not up to date on all the fix stuff. Can anybody tell me exactly what this means for this specific car? It has 76k.

Results for your
2015 Golf Hatchback 4D TDI S I4 Turbo

Volkswagen Emissions Modification Programs

Vehicle (VIN) Included in Settlement:YES Modification Approved by EPA and CARB:YES Modification Completed for this Vehicle (VIN):pARTIAL Vehicle has Extended Emissions Warranty:YES Vehicle Eligibility and Emissions Modification Status:

An emissions modification has been approved for this vehicle by EPA and CARB. Our records show that a partial modification has been completed, and additional modification(s) may still be required.
Emissions Modification Disclosure:

Please find details on the modification for the vehicle in the Emissions Modification Disclosure.
Extended Emissions Warranty Information*:

The vehicle has an Extended Emissions Warranty that runs for 11 years or 162,000 miles from the original in-service date. Please see your VW dealership for additional information including the vehicle's in-service date.
In addition, and concurrently, the Extended Emissions Warranty runs for 5 years or 60,000 miles (whichever occurs first) from the date of modification or first dealer resale post-modification. Your vehicle was modified on Jun 21, 2017 and 51,992 miles. Please see your VW dealership for additional information on the vehicle's post-modification dealer re-sale date.
*For vehicles that have completed repairs in Canada, please see the Canadian extended warranty terms.
Schedule a Service Appointment:

Stay informed about additional required emissions modifications. Once a modification is available, please contact an authorized VW dealer to schedule an appointment. Find a Dealer
Visit VWCourtSettlement.com to determine what other benefits you may be eligible to receive.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Part one has already been done by the dealer on the date listed above. There are two parts left 2A and 2B. 2A may have already been done as well. You will have to take the VIN and see what parts were replaced (check with dealer). If it was just programming/sensor/pipe then 2A was done only. If a dpf filter was included that would be part 2B, and that would be the full fix. The auto's (DSG) were supposed to get part 2B done at 40k miles and the manual trans at 70k miles. No one so far has reported getting part 2B done yet, to my knowledge. To some extent you should wait as long as possible to get it done, but before the warranty runs out. You are covered by the warranty for the longer of the two stated instances above. Find and read the emissions letter from VW.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
also there should be a sticker under the hood showing whats been done.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No one so far has reported getting part 2B done yet, to my knowledge.
Quite a few have had 2A and 2B done, owners of NOS (bought new in '17) are authorized to get 2B regardless of mileage that is if the dealer wants to play game.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Quite a few have had 2A and 2B done, owners of NOS (bought new in '17) are authorized to get 2B regardless of mileage that is if the dealer wants to play game.
They did not do this on my stop sale car and was never suggested. I had thought myself they did but a call to the servicing dealer showed only 2A done.

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
Yes, as I mentioned in another thread, dealers no longer have discretion in determining which phase(s) are done. They enter the VIN and mileage in the TDI emissions hotline and the system makes the determination and authorizes the job. They probably came up with this system because too many dealers were not paying attention to the guidelines, replacing too many perfectly good parts prematurely that VW would have to cover later down the line.

rpm-inc

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 beetle, 2015 golf s
OK, thanks for all the info. I haven't been on in a while before my post. Are tuning questions still ok to ask? I will ask anyways....Leaving all emissions components intact, does a tune void the extended warranty on all that stuff?

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Of course it does. Will they enforce it on any particular owner? Who knows. But they can tell, and can enforce it as they choose. So risk it if you want. As the dollar amount for the repair goes up, probably so do the chances of being denied. If you built something and programmed it and had to warranty it, and someone else came along and changed all of your programming and had issues, would you warranty it? I think not.

Last edited:

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No longer true.

I'll have to eat crow, our Passat was "supposed" to get both A and B when it was dropped off at the dealer, went over with the service writer and verified the work to be performed was both A and B and he verified with a VWoA web portal that we'd get both. Talk is cheap and he was a fast talker.

Picked up the car yesterday and drove off, reviewed the paperwork at home (MISTAKE ON MY PART) phase 2A was the only thing performed, still on original DPF. At least the airbag recall was done.

Still at 36K on the clock.

Last edited:

petee_c

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf TDI, was 06 Jetta TDI, 15 q7 tdi, was 11 Q7 TDI
Of course it does. Will they enforce it on any particular owner? Who knows. But they can tell, and can enforce it as they choose. So risk it if you want. As the dollar amount for the repair goes up, probably so do the chances of being denied. If you built something and programmed it and had to warranty it, and someone else came along and changed all of your programming and had issues, would you warranty it? I think not.
I bought a 15 Golf TDI in February 2019.... I really wanted to get a Malone tune (we've had 2 other TDI's that I put the Malone tune on).

However, even with the Flashzilla and being able to revert to stock tuning... I decided not to get this one tuned yet.... doubt I will....

Car only had 66K km on it, It has +++ years of warranty left or 190K km left on the warranty....

I plan to keep the car 5 yrs, and then I'll likely be ready for a change... with my current driving habits, that'll be about 160K km of warranty....

A daily driver with warranty? I haven't had one of those since 2005ish. when the warranty on my last new off the lot car (02 Jetta 1.8T) ran out. Going to take advantage of any warranty protection for now...

Do I miss the tune? sure. But the car is pretty good stock, drives a little bit like a mix between a gasser and a traditional tdi powerband.

rpm-inc

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 beetle, 2015 golf s
I did buy the car. After driving a stock alh for a while, this thing moves pretty good. So I won't be tuning it anytime soon.

On the way home, though, i got the clicking near the gas pedal. Went away when I moved the temp dial. Quick google says its the temp door actuator and its common and there is a tsb for it.

Anyways, has anybody replaced one themselves? Doesn't look terrible looking at alldata.

15TDICommuter

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW
No one so far has reported getting part 2B done yet, to my knowledge.
Running a 2015 DSG fully fixed. I have the VW dealership paperwork showing.

Like you I was under the impression this was impression this was delayed as well. Called and brought the car in, they verified its a full fix car.

rpm-inc

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 beetle, 2015 golf s
I went to a dealer not long after I bought the car. The lady was less than helpful. I asked about fixing the blend door actuator, I had the tsb number. Just wanted to know how much. She couldn't even look anything up without bringing the car in and charging a fee.

Then I asked if I could see any warranty work that was done. She said no, that is a privacy matter. I said the car really doesn't care about privacy. She gave me nothing. LOL! So then I asked if anything was owed with the fix and she said yes but that was it. So I asked what if I don't do it. She replied they will probably revoke the plates (really) and i will go to jail (not really).

The blend door actuator and full service was done outside of vw. Now about another owed fix/flash. Do I have to have that done? Can I just say no? Should I just go do it?

leicaman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2005 TDI GLS, RIP
I have had all the fixes done on my at my dealer. Car runs great. This week I had the DSG service done and brake fluid taken care of. Last week I drove it to Madison, Wis. from my house which is a 2 hour trip. Pretty much stuck to the speed limit and the car returned me 48mpg according to the car's computer, which from my experience on pen and paper it is a bit less. If you get one, just make sure all the service points are taken care of properly. My next project is a wax and detail. There is always something of course. :)

Last edited: