2015 TDI, where to find oil filters?

TDI
2015 Jetta
I'm a very DIY kind of person, and don't really have time to take my car to the dealer for an oil change. I'm coming up on 10,000 miles on my '15 TDI, and I was looking to do an oil change this weekend - however I ran into a problem.

WalMart, AutoZone, AdvanceAuto and my local NAPA did not have VW 507.00 approved oil, OR the correct filter I needed. So needless to say, my oil didn't get changed this weekend. Advance had a 505.00 5w40 oil, but that was it.

Am I going to have to bite the bullet and buy oil and filters from the dealer, or is there a reputable place online I can find some filters for this thing? I've never had such a hassle finding basic maintenance items for a car before. Don't know why they can't just use the same DPF-friendly CJ-4 oil that almost every other diesel sold here uses.

Last edited:

ZippyNH

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 JETTA TDI SE
Bet NAPA can get them the next day if you ask at the counter....heck any of the places you listed would...heck the competitor to NAPA in town in NH stocks 4 or 5 different Euro oils that meet the spec...the oils and filters are more of a specialty item than an on the floor big box stpre item...they are widely available, but you might have to ask the counter guy.
But you can order at MANY places online too....

dmanb2b

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta, 2011 335D
deutcheautoparts for filters, original VW

Amazon.com pennzoil Euro L 5w-30...cheapest on subscribe and save and very good 507 oil

2013 tdi fan

TDI
I have posted questions and have always gotten fast replies from idparts.Was it during their move a while back maybe? I will continue to get all my supplies from them.

TDI
2015 Jetta
Bet NAPA can get them the next day if you ask at the counter....heck any of the places you listed would...heck the competitor to NAPA in town in NH stocks 4 or 5 different Euro oils that meet the spec...the oils and filters are more of a specialty item than an on the floor big box stpre item...they are widely available, but you might have to ask the counter guy.
But you can order at MANY places online too....
AutoZone didn't even have the filter in their system, and Advance listed the filter as "Later Availability".

Anyways, thanks for the input guys. Looks like idparts is the way to go.

993er

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Am I going to have to bite the bullet and buy oil and filters from the dealer?
Why not?

Apples to apples, I get an OEM oil filter (Purflex) and 5 liters of Castrol Edge Professional LL03 for less from my VW dealer than I can in the aftermarket.

Last edited:
TDI
2015 Jetta
Why not?

Apples to apples, I get an OEM oil filter (Purflex) and 5 liters of Castrol Edge Professional LL03 for less from my VW dealer than I can in the aftermarket.
The nearest VW dealer is a 35 minute drive away, and the one I got the car at is near an hour away. AutoZone is 5 minutes down the road. It's a convenience thing more than anything.

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI SE / '06 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg0 / '96 Passat TDI
If you want to go mail order....
http://www.worldimpex.com - They don't list 2015 models yet, so you need to call them. They are on theast coast.

These two are on the west coast, but offer great service and pricing!
http://www.1stvwparts.com/
http://riversidevwparts.com/

The part numbers I have for my '15, with CVCA engine code:
Air Filter: 1K0129620L
Fuel Filter: 5Q0127177

I haven't bothered to call about the oil filter, yet.