Fuel pump leak??

Jdragnfly

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI CR 6M
I just noticed a leak near the forward end of the auxiliary fuel pump. I can't tell for sure if its coming from the pump itself or from where the fuel line connects to it. With all the HPFP issues in mind, I'm extra concerned. Can anyone shed some light on this particular issue?

RinsinTDI

TDI
13 Jetta Sportwagen TDI, 14 Passat TDI
I just noticed this very Issue yesterday with my 2013 Sportwagen, but I've also noticed the intank pump seems to be working harder, as ive notices its started humming/buzzing. I've been searching the forum and have noticed it seems to be a common issue that's been fixed by either replacing the aux fuel pump or by tightening up the connection where the copper crush washer is... I haven't been able to confirm if it could cause other issues though.

Jdragnfly

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI CR 6M
Thanks for the reply. I'll start with the connection, degrease the affected area, and see if I can pinpoint exactly where the leak is happening.

jmsparks

TDI
2010 JSW, 2011 Golf 2door
Any info on how this resolved? I just experienced this on my 2011 Golf TDI. Dealership says they don't stock the part because they never see this happen. It was a pretty good drip going from the aux fuel pump down the hose. They want to replace the pump, all hoses, and the serpentine belt since it got wet with diesel. $1000. :(

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
....fuel pump got no comment on dealer paper work after service..........

(but no one offered to explain/amplify "recommend D/S intercooler hose,seeping"

Also recommended 4 tires (which I measured at 5/32 for all) and "BG" service was in this same recommendation.

This is the selling dealer (and also where I got my 1982 Rabbit Diesel Pickup)....

..and I reckon where I will regretfully go for buyback next year.

ez

2micron

Vendor
TDI
None
Any info on how this resolved? I just experienced this on my 2011 Golf TDI. Dealership says they don't stock the part because they never see this happen. It was a pretty good drip going from the aux fuel pump down the hose. They want to replace the pump, all hoses, and the serpentine belt since it got wet with diesel. $1000. :(
PM'd
Thanks,
Andrew