TDIClub Forums

TDIClub Forums (http://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php)
-   Future TDIFests (http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   TDI fest 2019-2020 (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=496795)

13blackblack February 21st, 2019 18:08

TDI fest 2019-2020

Any interest out there? Deiselgate is largely past and maybe its time to move on.
IM in Cincinnati and ready to help. Former PCA member and willing to chair a committee to get things started. Cincy has many attractions including our beloved Reds, Kings Island, great golf opportunities, maybe a drag strip, some great road tour opportunities, affordable lodging, great food.$

tomo366 February 22nd, 2019 12:53

Good luck with that......not a whole lot of life left here

aja8888 February 23rd, 2019 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomo366 (Post 5486377)
Good luck with that......not a whole lot of life left here

Even the pulse is barely measurable. I believe club senior management has also moved on.

tomo366 February 23rd, 2019 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by aja8888 (Post 5486678)
Even the pulse is barely measurable. I believe club senior management has also moved on.

For the most part yes.....I am going to a new member meet and greet in a couple weeks BMW Car Club of america....not a lot of Popularity over there for Diesels though....

Gear_Head February 25th, 2019 11:11

I would...

Im interested in going to one. Of course it would be much more feasible if there was one scheduled somewhere reasonably close....such as with in the range of a tank full of fuel @ approximately 50 mpgs! 😊

aja8888 February 25th, 2019 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomo366 (Post 5486750)
For the most part yes.....I am going to a new member meet and greet in a couple weeks BMW Car Club of america....not a lot of Popularity over there for Diesels though....

I bought a BMW 3 series convertible last summer to have as a fun car. I'm pretty much done with diesels now that VW screwed the pooch, so to say. My 2014 Passat TDI was nice, but it wasn't much more than an Impala with a diesel engine.

Nothing diesel powered interests me anymore. With diesel @ $0.70/gallon over RUG prices around here, there is little economic sense to own a diesel.

tomo366 February 25th, 2019 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by aja8888 (Post 5487172)
I bought a BMW 3 series convertible last summer to have as a fun car. I'm pretty much done with diesels now that VW screwed the pooch, so to say. My 2014 Passat TDI was nice, but it wasn't much more than an Impala with a diesel engine.
Nothing diesel powered interests me anymore. With diesel @ $0.70/gallon over RUG prices around here, there is little economic sense to own a diesel.

Our E46 Convertible got totaled last fall......I have had my 328D for a year and a half love it! It Gets 41+ MPG Highway and much nicer road car than my Jetta!
Which we still have and my Wife drives it has had all the Fixes....This is one of the last Cars Chris Farnham sold before his passing

IndigoBlueWagon February 25th, 2019 12:03

I actually think the member numbers and activity here is on the rise as people buy the dieselgate cars. And we're seeing significant sales increases on parts for '09 and later TDIs. However, I also think the time for get togethers and TDIFests may have passed: I don't think there's the core of enthusiast owners that there was 10-15 years ago.

VW still has a lot of leftover diesels to sell. I drove by our local storage lot yesterday and it doesn't look significantly different than it did a year ago. I suspect that's true all over the country. VW will continue to feed TDIs to dealers, prices will get more favorable, and these cars will probably stick around as good economical transportation for a lot of people. But when they're gone, who knows.

KIMDTDI February 28th, 2019 19:25

I’m new here and just bought a used 2012 Golf TDI as my first car back in August 2018. I’d love to see one of these events to learn more and meet others with a love for the cars.

tomo366 February 28th, 2019 19:51

The only way your going to get one of the events is get a group of people together and organize it....and I just do not see that happening.....

1854sailor March 22nd, 2019 10:15

X2 what Tom said. The folks who had the know-how and energy to put an event like TDIFest together just got burned out. I haven't even been able to raise any interest in a local lunch outing...

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomo366 (Post 5488113)
The only way your going to get one of the events is get a group of people together and organize it....and I just do not see that happening.....

nate0031 March 24th, 2019 15:22

Cincinnati would be nice. It would be nice to see the TDI community more active again, but I can't say I've been around much for a while with how busy life got. It is disappointing to see how much dieselgate knocked the wind out of the community.

tomo366 March 24th, 2019 18:45

Mason Ohio (Cincinnati ) was not my favorite fest....not the worst though

JSWTDI09 March 24th, 2019 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomo366 (Post 5494579)
Mason Ohio (Cincinnati ) was not my favorite fest....not the worst though

Lexington wasn't bad either. Cincinnati is my home town so I would not object to an excuse for a visit. However, what we really need is not suggestions but people who will do the work to find, book and plan such an event. This is the real problem. I do not know if any of the people who put together the Mason (OH) or Lexington (KY) fests are still around to help or to advise.

Have Fun!

Don

pebjr March 25th, 2019 17:14

Sounds interesting.... I'm ready for a rode trip.