TDIClub Forums

TDIClub Forums (http://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php)
-   TDIFest 2014 (http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Any updates on 2014 (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=398615)

romad October 25th, 2013 08:00

Any updates on 2014
 
or is that a banned topic now? ;)

Lug_Nut October 25th, 2013 18:25

I'm hoping the silence on this thread is because there are groups too busy coming up with proposals to be frittering away time posting.

Yeah, I'm an optimist.

Dozenspeed October 26th, 2013 12:40

Well I was hoping someone other than me would chime in, but if you guys are desperate for something on this topic, here is a morsel....:o

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=368215

About post #37 is where it gets slightly interesting. ;)

Dozenspeed October 26th, 2013 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomo366 (Post 4336501)
trying to remain Positive......


What's wrong? :confused:

Lug_Nut October 26th, 2013 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lug_Nut (Post 4336033)
I'm an optimist.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomo366 (Post 4336740)
I tend to make negative remarks

The yin and yang of TDI Club.

VW Derf October 27th, 2013 13:46

Those that are thinking (even remotely) of organizing a TDIFest in an area, for 2014, 2015, or even 2016 feel free to start a new thread in this section. This why the future discussion section was created. There are a number of different groups and people out there that might be able to jump in and move this forward for this or future years.

If you would like more details, feel free to contact one of the previous organizers or myself for more details.

Dozenspeed October 27th, 2013 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by VW Derf (Post 4337150)
Those that are thinking (even remotely) of organizing a TDIFest in an area, for 2014, 2015, or even 2016 feel free to start a new thread in this section.....


I plan to...just as soon as some details/confirmations are made to VeeDub by people I put him in touch with. He asked I hold off on any formal announcement until a couple things solidify. I secretly have a good chunk of an event "planned" out and I believe a few locals willing to help with the cause already. I just want to say; Go Denver 2015! ;)

ssamalin October 29th, 2013 07:49

Pick 2014 location by mathamatical calculation, pick the spot nearest to the most TDIClub users. For once, try to include people.

tomo366 October 29th, 2013 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssamalin (Post 4338717)
Pick 2014 location by mathamatical calculation, pick the spot nearest to the most TDIClub users. For once, try to include people.

Are you serious??? have you not read any of this??? :rolleyes:

Dozenspeed October 29th, 2013 11:41

Well maybe he missed the link in post 3.

Here's a crudely modified map to illustrate where/when the past fests have been. While "too much New England" has been a voiced complaint, I think folks have done not too bad of a job bouncing it around:

http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/5630/stlfest14.jpg

Here is another highlighting the interstates that go DIRECTLY to/through St. Louis Missouri:

http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/5630/stlfest14b.jpg

All this is part of why I think the STL is an excellent candidate and it being here in 2014 would be a timely benefit to growing the event and reaching more and newer members of TDI club. It the 3rd farthest west ever and very very central to all of the US east of the Rockies. Where there are interstates there is population, and many many folks are near equidistant from Denver to DC, and Texas and Florida to St. Paul. :)

tomo366 October 29th, 2013 11:49

Very nice graphics!!:)

Dozenspeed October 29th, 2013 11:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomo366 (Post 4338927)
Very nice graphics!!:)

Aw shucks, thanks! :)

romad October 29th, 2013 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dozenspeed (Post 4338922)

Here is another highlighting the interstates that go DIRECTLY to/through St. Louis Missouri:

http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/5630/stlfest14b.jpg

All this is part of why I think the STL is an excellent candidate and it being here in 2014 would be a timely benefit to growing the event and reaching more and newer members of TDI club. It the 3rd farthest west ever and very very central to all of the US east of the Rockies. Where there are interstates there is population, and many many folks are near equidistant from Denver to DC, and Texas and Florida to St. Paul. :)

No direct through link to California so I guess I'm out. ;)

dogdots October 29th, 2013 16:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by romad (Post 4339110)
No direct through link to California so I guess I'm out. ;)

You can choose route 66 or I-40 to I-44 ;)

romad October 29th, 2013 17:05

Ah, but that is not "direct" as I'd have to change Interstates! :D
The only ones he is showing as "direct" are 44, 55, 64, & 70. Of course if I limited myself to the smallest number of Interstates, then I could take 80 to the 55 junction then south to St. Louie.

BTW, old Route 66 is now roughly (West to East) I-10 to I-15 to I-40 to I-44 to I-55


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 15:06.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright - TDIClub Online LTD - 2017

Page generated in 0.09342 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 18.64 Kb. compressed to 17.65 Kb. by saving 0.99 Kb. (5.32%)]