TDIClub Forums

TDIClub Forums (http://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php)
-   TDIFest 2009 (http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   TDIFest Show'n'Shine (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=257040)

VW Derf August 31st, 2009 04:50

TDIFest Show'n'Shine

Here is some preliminary info on Sunday's Show'n'Shine

Starting at 9am people can start cleaning their cars and doing the last minute items on them. We will start directing cars were to park around 11am with judging will start at 12 noon.

You will be given a Show'n'Shine form to fill out when registering. Please fill that in and place it on your dash. Your car number will be your registration number which is also found on your badge.

As for judging it self, there will be three judges scoring on 5 different items with equal weight.
  • Outside
  • Underside
  • Engine *
  • Interior (including the trunk)*
  • Mileage
* If the engine and interior are not open and available when judging occurs, no points will be given for these sections. However, if you can't hang around for the two and a half hours for judging to take place and to talk to other people doing the "People's Choice" judgeing, please make arrangements with the judges in advance.

PS, the mileage category is the equalizer for those low vs high mileage vehicles.

jettafock August 31st, 2009 05:31

how many points does the mileage give you? is it for overall mileage or broken down to avg. of how many miles a year?

VW Derf August 31st, 2009 05:33

Overall mileage is used, not average.

VeeDubTDI August 31st, 2009 09:25

I'm looking forward to it! I got the ECOdiesel washed yesterday... I haven't seen it looking this good in a loooong time. Now I just need to clean out the interior. :)

SnowCub August 31st, 2009 11:39

I'm pondering whether I should enter my Benz in the Show and shine. It could be a curiosity, but do we really need another one?

VeeDubTDI August 31st, 2009 11:41

You should enter it. It will be competing against the ECOdiesel in the "Other Diesels" category. :D

Sootman August 31st, 2009 12:13

I'll be damned if I'm going to scrub the underside of my car. Anyone bring a small child who would like to earn some money?:D

VeeDubTDI August 31st, 2009 14:18

LOL! No kidding!

SnowCub August 31st, 2009 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeeDubTDI
You should enter it. It will be competing against the ECOdiesel in the "Other Diesels" category. :D

Is there an award for loudest car? I might be able to win that one. A Mercedes with a glasspack isn't quiet. A bunch of Harley drivers were eyeing me the other day for disturbing their peace :eek:

VeeDubTDI August 31st, 2009 14:53

Hehe... that's like my 300SDL with no cat, no muffler. That monster bellowed like a Mack truck. Sounded good, too. :D

VW Derf August 31st, 2009 21:02

I define "underside" as the non-painted parts like tires, wheels, wheel wells, etc. I have no plans to crawl under the car inspect how clean your brake lines are! :)

Sootman September 1st, 2009 05:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by VW Derf
I define "underside" as the non-painted parts like tires, wheels, wheel wells, etc. I have no plans to crawl under the car inspect how clean your brake lines are! :)

Damn it, I new I should have waited. I got a daschund soaped up chasing a ball to go back and forth under the car. The brake lines are glowing! You could use one of those inspection mirrors like Immigration uses.

tomo366 September 1st, 2009 08:50

ROTFLMFAO.........Leave it to Steve.....

petea4 September 1st, 2009 16:58

What are the classes?

Stock? Mild? Custom? etc.......

If it's stock, i'll have you know, my Golf is a special Canadian Edition! :D

Pete

jettafock September 1st, 2009 19:56

stock, mild, custom all in one group.