No Comfort Windows on 2011 TDI Jetta??

IDoSeaDoo

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta, CJAA 6spd
Hey guys,

I bought a VagCom recently because it's good to have, and I really wanted to configure some of those comfort features on my 2011 Jetta TDI. But when I go into 09. Cent Elec - Coding - Long Code Helper, I only see like 4 options and nothing regarding comfort windows. I also checked the adaptation section. The drop down menu at the top does not include comfort anything! What gives? Is this ECU just a stripped down model? Can I add this coding somehow?

Tested with two different vagcom cables, VCDS versions 16.8 and 17.1

Losha

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI DSG, 2001 Golf TDI, Audi S6, A8, Toureg
All VW and Audi from 2006+ have this feature available to be enabled. Its usually under Convenience Control Module, under Long Coding. Lot of times on newer vehicles you can enable this feature via MFA or in MMI control on Audi's.

sandmansans

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta
Hey guys,

I bought a VagCom recently because it's good to have, and I really wanted to configure some of those comfort features on my 2011 Jetta TDI. But when I go into 09. Cent Elec - Coding - Long Code Helper, I only see like 4 options and nothing regarding comfort windows. I also checked the adaptation section. The drop down menu at the top does not include comfort anything! What gives? Is this ECU just a stripped down model? Can I add this coding somehow?

Tested with two different vagcom cables, VCDS versions 16.8 and 17.1
The comfort control module is integrated into the bcm, body control module.
As others have asked, what is it exactly that you're trying to do?

If it's the window up down with the fob, just follow the directions the previous poster shared.

If you're trying to activate comfort up and down. Where you press the window switch once and it raises or lowers the glass, simply press and hold the window button close when the window is already closed. Hold for a few seconds and it will program it

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

sandmansans

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta
Oh and yes, the bcm that we get in the north American mk6 jetta is a wonky one. Comparatively speaking, it has less feared and capabilities than the one found in thr mk5 or in the mk6 golf.

We got a hybrid bcm for the NAR mk6 jetta. It's a variant of the vw Polo high ++ and medium bcm.
It's real funky lol

IDoSeaDoo

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta, CJAA 6spd
When I go into the Long Coding screen, I literally do not have the options to enable any comfort stuff. Is it because my BCM is some cheap POS? I noticed that they cheapened much of the 2011 tdi as compared to the MK5s.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
My understanding is that the BCM on the MKVI Sedan has significantly less capability than the Golf or JSW. So what you're seeing may be accurate.

sandmansans

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta
When I go into the Long Coding screen, I literally do not have the options to enable any comfort stuff. Is it because my BCM is some cheap POS? I noticed that they cheapened much of the 2011 tdi as compared to the MK5s.
My understanding is that the BCM on the MKVI Sedan has significantly less capability than the Golf or JSW. So what you're seeing may be accurate.
As per my previous post, the jetta does get a watered down bcm. Especially in comparison to the golf. The golf has a highline bcm the same as it's row counterpart. The NAR Jetta gets a hybrid bcm. Not quite the lowest bcm offered but also too not the highest.

With that though, the jetta bcm does in fact have convenience options. They are there.its under the central convenience module.

IDoSeaDoo

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta, CJAA 6spd
That's what I figured, watered down BCM. I don't have it in front of me, but I think I remember seeing SOME convenience features, but not the windows. That one would be really nice to have, for south FL, as it rains a lot, as well as gets really hot. Is it plug/play to swap BCMs, or is it complicated? Anything else need to be changed out? Do I have to run adaptation or anything?

Thanks guys!