TDIClub Forums

TDIClub Forums (http://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php)
-   Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal (http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Claims Review Committee (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=479960)

lvrpl July 26th, 2017 18:07

Claims Review Committee

Has anyone gone through an appeal with the Claims Review Committee? How long did your appeal take?

i just received an email update today saying that I am not eligible to participate in the buyback for a Q7 I own. The email says they've determined that i'm not a member of the class. This is quite surprising as it's pretty clear from the settlement that I meet the conditions to be considered part of the class so I'm just wondering the most effective way to proceed from here and how long the appeal takes.

Thanks for any help.

showdown 42 July 26th, 2017 19:24

What yr is your Q-7? It is all spelled out in detail,so you either qualify or you don't. I understand the rule determines if the car is able to be fixed or not, I think if it can be fixed you can only get the fix. For whatever reason this class of 3.0 cars are treated differently from the 2.0 cars.

lvrpl July 26th, 2017 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by showdown 42 (Post 5308849)
What yr is your Q-7? It is all spelled out in detail,so you either qualify or you don't. I understand the rule determines if the car is able to be fixed or not, I think if it can be fixed you can only get the fix. For whatever reason this class of 3.0 cars are treated differently from the 2.0 cars.

Right, makes sense. It's a 2010. I purchased it in May 2017. By all accounts, I believe I should be considered a class member.

opsx July 27th, 2017 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by lvrpl (Post 5308866)
Right, makes sense. It's a 2010. I purchased it in May 2017. By all accounts, I believe I should be considered a class member.

sounds like you should be eligible. try to contact the lawyers at https://www.lieffcabraser.com/consum...ssions-recall/ and see if someone there can help you out.

duratitus July 27th, 2017 14:14

Go to vwcourtsettlement.com and search "Appeal"

You have to appeal their decision in writing to the Claims Review Committee.

"I don’t think that Volkswagen’s ineligibility determination or offer amount calculation is accurate. Can I appeal this decision?
Yes. If you believe you are eligible to receive benefits under the Settlement Program or that your offer amount is incorrect, you may appeal the ineligibility determination or offer amount calculation to the Court-appointed Claims Review Committee. The Claims Review Committee is composed of one representative from Volkswagen, one representative from Settlement Class Counsel and a Court-appointed neutral who will be called upon to resolve disagreements between the Claims Committee’s other members, should they arise. To submit an appeal to the Claims Review Committee, you must send a written request to appeal to the Claims Review Committee, P.O. Box 214500, Auburn Hills, MI 48321 or crc@vwcourtsettlement.com. Your request must include the following information: Claimant’s name, address, telephone number, VIN of the affected vehicle and Claim Reference Number. A brief statement explaining why you believe the ineligibility determination or offer amount calculation was in error. After your claim is received and reviewed by the Claims Review Committee, you will receive a final determination as to your eligibility status."

lvrpl July 27th, 2017 19:57

My questions were more around if anyone had any experience with submitting a claim to the Claims Review Committee, how long it took, and what the outcome was.

duratitus July 27th, 2017 22:37

Sorry I misunderstood.

Ive not heard of anyone getting a response from the claims review board, but I've only heard of two eligible claimants who's claims were rejected........yours being one of the two.

I hope someone who has received correspondence from the claims review board will chime in here......

TDIforDays July 28th, 2017 05:55

I think this is a brand new thing. Haven't seen anyone on this forum go through it

pikawel January 21st, 2018 23:39

Did this (or any other CRC cases) go anywhere? I find myself in a situation as I bought a car from someone who purchased it out of a lease and subsequently sold it to me.

psd1 January 22nd, 2018 08:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by pikawel (Post 5372954)
Did this (or any other CRC cases) go anywhere? I find myself in a situation as I bought a car from someone who purchased it out of a lease and subsequently sold it to me.

No movement in months. As they used to say in the military, stand by to stand by!

Lightflyer1 January 22nd, 2018 13:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by pikawel (Post 5372954)

Were you on the up and up about this or are you doing this as a work around as the original lessee couldn't sell it back themselves? Was the previous owner in any way related to you, not just by blood either? You just turned one in and then bought another just to turn in. To them it looks suspicious as you are trying to help the original owner game the system. I am not saying you are doing any of this, but if they see it that way for sure you may be turned down and eventually excluded if they find any proof.

GoFaster January 22nd, 2018 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by lvrpl (Post 5308866)

Was it a leased vehicle in the 2015-early 2016 timeframe? If so, who was the eligible lessee?

Is it a salvage-title vehicle?

pikawel January 22nd, 2018 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lightflyer1 (Post 5373149)
Were you on the up and up about this or are you doing this as a work around as the original lessee couldn't sell it back themselves? Was the previous owner in any way related to you, not just by blood either? You just turned one in and then bought another just to turn in. To them it looks suspicious as you are trying to help the original owner game the system. I am not saying you are doing any of this, but if they see it that way for sure you may be turned down and eventually excluded if they find any proof.

I hope that’s their concern! I bought this car off of Craigslist. The guy happens to live in my state (though several hours away).

opsx January 27th, 2018 16:26

still no movement? you tried emailing info@vwclasscounsel.com to see if you have any recourse other than an appeal? they could probably at least tell you what the problem is.

halbert January 28th, 2018 04:40

Back in June, I sent a letter to the CRC, with documentation, that basically said that (a) I was an original new vehicle owner, (b) that the vehicle was damaged on Nov 25, 2016, (c) that I had a 'certificate of salvage' (not a salvage/rebuilt title), and that my documents were continually being rejected as incorrect.

In October, they asked for proof of purchase, and moved me to step 15...where I still am.

Yesterday, I got this email from the CRC:

We write to notify you of the decision on your appeal to the Court-appointed Claims Review Committee. The Claims Review Committee is composed of one representative from Volkswagen, one representative from Settlement Class Counsel, and a Court-appointed “Neutral,” who is called upon to resolve any disagreements between the Claims Review Committee’s other members, should they arise. Under the terms of the 2.0-Liter Class Action Settlement, determinations by the Claims Review Committee constitute final decisions that are not subject to any further appeal.

The Claims Review Committee has carefully reviewed your appeal and determined that the issue(s) raised in your appeal letter already have been resolved. If you believe this to be in error, please contact us by email at crc@vwcourtsettlement.com or by mail addressed to Claims Review Committee, P.O. Box 214500, Auburn Hills, MI 48321. You should provide a brief explanation of why you believe the issue raised in your appeal letter has not yet been resolved and provide supporting documentation, if any, that you wish the Claims Review Committee to review in connection with your appeal.

So, the fact that my 'documents are in order and under review to determine if I'm eligible' resolves the issue in their mind is hardly complete. Maybe they really are serious about doing something by Jan 31 (Wednesday next week). But I doubt it.