TDIClub Forums

TDIClub Forums (http://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php)
-   TDIFest 2015 (http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   On the road... (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=446940)

VeeDubTDI September 1st, 2015 03:28

On the road...

I'm hitting the road for Maine in about 25 minutes! I'm excited. :cool:

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09...ef2f184b7e.jpg

MonsterDog September 1st, 2015 05:14

Our cars are all packed too! Tom will be heading out shortly - with a stop in NJ to get rid of the 'kids'. I'm trying to finish a few things at the office & will be heading out at noon.. Rendevous at the Poconos for the night.. :p

1854sailor September 1st, 2015 05:24

Heading out tomorrow at zero dark thirty. Stopping in CT and RI to visit a couple of boatbuilder friends, then on to Cape Cod. Arriving in Maine Friday after picking compu_85 up at the Portland Airport.

VeeDubTDI September 1st, 2015 09:19

On the road...

The Touareg just requested that I check the oil, so I did, and it was fine. I added a half quart of delicious TDT and now it is full and happy. High maintenance beast. :rolleyes: ;)

Hamsterdiesel September 1st, 2015 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeeDubTDI (Post 4877375)
The Touareg just requested that I check the oil, so I did, and it was fine. I added a half quart of delicious TDT and now it is full and happy. High maintenance beast. :rolleyes: ;)

LoL...

Safe travels!

mrvermin September 1st, 2015 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeeDubTDI (Post 4877375)

Seems that every time you take that thing out of the driveway, you have to sacrifice a Squirrel to it in order to make it safely to your destination LOL :rolleyes:

MrVermin

Lug_Nut September 1st, 2015 18:50

I'm not packed, but I do have stuff gathered for the trip.
A little different for me this year as I'm not planning to be home from the fest until the 21st.
The long trip with 3400+ miles camping in Labrador and Newfoundland comes after the fest this time.

Yeah, sorry. I'm old enough (born when Eisenhower was prez) that I still think of them as two places, not one province.

MonsterTDI09 September 1st, 2015 19:49

I really like your license plate.:)

1854sailor September 1st, 2015 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lug_Nut (Post 4877832)
I'm not packed, but I do have stuff gathered for the trip.
A little different for me this year as I'm not planning to be home from the fest until the 21st.
The long trip with 3400+ miles camping in Labrador and Newfoundland comes after the fest this time.

Yeah, sorry. I'm old enough (born when Eisenhower was prez) that I still think of them as two places, not one province.

Ask me about my RCMP show in St. Johns Newfoundland...

VeeDubTDI September 1st, 2015 20:12

On the road...

We are here, safe and sound!

The weather here is amazing and the hotel is cleaned up from winter and absolutely gorgeous!

Cheapest fuel in the area is on route 2 near Gorham, NH at $2.37/gallon. It's $2.54 in Bethel.

The first tank in the Touareg towing a 5x8 trailer was 18 MPG, which dropped to 17 MPG for the second tank in the mountains.

ochoada September 1st, 2015 20:16

So jealous! Can't leave until school is out on Fri and 17hrs of driving (google maps non labor day traffic prediction) Still excited though :)

Abacus September 1st, 2015 21:01

Glad you made it safe & sound. Thanks for the heads up on the fuel. It's too bad Saladino's in Gorham closed after 37 years, they had better Italian food than we had in almost all of Italy.

I'm still swapping turbos and finishing up a bunch of other stuff. I got caught up diagnosing W386's B4V which he said developed a high pitch rpm whine. Turned out to be a failing alternator AOD. Luckily I had a spare on the shelf. I should have everything buttoned up Thursday and am picking BleachedBora up in Portland Friday morning, then it's straight to the Fest.

MonsterDog September 2nd, 2015 02:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeeDubTDI (Post 4877902)
We are here, safe and sound!

The weather here is amazing and the hotel is cleaned up from winter and absolutely gorgeous!

Cheapest fuel in the area is on route 2 near Gorham, NH at $2.37/gallon. It's $2.54 in Bethel.

The first tank in the Touareg towing a 5x8 trailer was 18 MPG, which dropped to 17 MPG for the second tank in the mountains.

We are on the road (together) and should arrive around 3. Taking a similar scenic route as we did last time. See you soon.

YukonLT September 2nd, 2015 03:37

Man I really wanted to make it up to this, but I just couldn't commit to the whole weekend...too much going on :(

Hope everyone has a great time!

1854sailor September 2nd, 2015 04:47

Heading out the door!