Request: Fuse Box list for Golf IV

BRBarian

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Five Golf TDIs!
Does anyone have a list (or a link) of fuses on a Golf IV (1999.5 in particular) and recommended amperages for these fuses?

The little picture card on the fuse box door is much too cryptic and doesn't have recommended amps.

I want to make some electrical changes and I need this list before I start. Here are some of the things I'm considering;

1. Rewire the console 12V power outlet to switched (from always on). This way, I can leave things plugged in without worrying about a vampire charge leak. I could do this by inserting a relay in the existing feed line, or by using available swithced power if the Amps are available.

2. Add a switched power point in the rear (or put an optional SPDT behind the current power point to select switched vs. unswitched).

3. Upgrading the interior lighting (e.g. Some Audi style puddle lights on the bottom of the front doors would be nice).

4. Install a pair of 120VAC 3-prong sockets. I've been carrying around a 100 Watt invertor which plugs into my front power point. What I'd like to do it put it out of sight and to upgrade it to perhaps as much as 500 Watts (for short times), and have it controlled by a relay, so it cannot easily drain the battery by accident.

I'm also curious about the "missing" fuses in my box, and wonder what use I could make of them

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
You've got mail.

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
DougsTJ, you've got mail too.

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ExMB, You've got mail too.

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Michael, you've got mail.

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Geez, I didn't think there going to be so many requests. Everyone owes Fred $.34 postage for this.

In order to save time for people looking at this thread, I'll only post a link.

I don't like the way this looks. For some reason my scanned image shows up much bigger here than the original in the Bentley manual (I highly recommmend purchasing your own). This info realy should be in a proper owner's manual.

Size is about 300K.

Fuses jpg

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Everyone who requested mail should have received it, except for Live4Spd who got it hardcopy.

If you can download the link above and print it, do so. If you can't email me and I'll send you a zipped copy.