TDIClub Forums

TDIClub Forums (http://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php)
-   Mid-west USA (http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Chicago 2009 TDI Owners: Non-Biodiesel Support Group (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=237849)

Only1Z November 26th, 2013 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by trainslug82 (Post 4300170)
Thanks for the lead on that Mejer station. Theres a Mejer by my house in Algonquin, but im not sure they all use the same distributor. The Marathon you were talking about, just West of 53 is the most expensive station, PERIOD. Over this last winter, I debated on reporting them for price gouging to the department of transportation. I watch the news, crude prices, etc..... Whenever the prices drop in the area and gas stations start lowering their prices all around Chicagoland, this station remains .40, sometimes .60 cents higher than neighboring stations. They never reflect market prices and never fluctuate. Im not sure if its because the Cook County highway dept is next door and cook county buys from them regardless.... I don't know. Wouldn't buy fuel from them if they promised my car would turn into a diesel Delorian and teleport at 88mph. I commute from Alg, to Melrose park every day and I heard there's a Delta Sonic selling Citgo premium diesel, right in elmhurst on rt. 64. Gonna check that out next.

All the Delta Sonic stations sell Citgo Premium Diesel and it seems to be really good. It even compares favorably to Amoco Premier Diesel I've gotten in Michigan that is supposedly at least a 47 cetane rating. I used to do Meijer diesel and will in a pinch, but I get 1-2 mpg better with the Delta Sonic diesel.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

MichaelB November 26th, 2013 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Only1Z (Post 4365358)
All the Delta Sonic stations sell Citgo Premium Diesel and it seems to be really good. It even compares favorably to Amoco Premier Diesel I've gotten in Michigan that is supposedly at least a 47 cetane rating. I used to do Meijer diesel and will in a pinch, but I get 1-2 mpg better with the Delta Sonic diesel.

Forget about Amoco Premier it's been off the market for quite a while now. Check BP's website and you will see it no longer exists.

Only1Z November 30th, 2013 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelB (Post 4365484)
Forget about Amoco Premier it's been off the market for quite a while now. Check BP's website and you will see it no longer exists.

Want to bet? Call the BP station on Phoenix Rd. in South Haven, MI. You will see that Amoco Premier still exists. It just doesn't exist in IL.

MichaelB December 1st, 2013 09:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Only1Z (Post 4368236)
Want to bet? Call the BP station on Phoenix Rd. in South Haven, MI. You will see that Amoco Premier still exists. It just doesn't exist in IL.

It is no longer available in WI either http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=341637

40X40 December 1st, 2013 09:19

Appropriate Thread?

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=271551

Bill

dieselinchicago1022 December 3rd, 2013 09:55

Meijer is decent, try Mobil in Sout Barrington

Quote:

Originally Posted by eshawger (Post 4299035)
The Meijer on Golf just a mile east of this Marathon has been very consistent with great D2, and lately has had the lowest prices in the area as well.

I used to fill up at that Meijer. They use Shaeffer additive I believe. It was decent, but my 2012 TDI did not respond too well to it. Especially in winter (now) cold starts were poor and I heard some knocking. It's ok but doesn't compare to the BP D2 I used to get on Milwaukee Ave in Palatine - but they went bio.

Anyways, I posted this already, but there is a Mobil in South Barrington on Barrington Rd as you exit south from I90. It has D2 diesel, no bio. Cost is $4/gallon. I just got it yesterday and love the way my car runs. This is a newly built station and it looks like the owners opted for quality over cheaper pricing. They even have a 100 octane fuel for petrols - I've never seen this in Illinois before - of course it runs at $8/gallon but still. Gives you the impression that these people value quality of gas vs Illinois tax incentives to push the bio junk.

Only1Z December 6th, 2013 11:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieselinchicago1022 (Post 4370562)
I used to fill up at that Meijer. They use Shaeffer additive I believe. It was decent, but my 2012 TDI did not respond too well to it. Especially in winter (now) cold starts were poor and I heard some knocking. It's ok but doesn't compare to the BP D2 I used to get on Milwaukee Ave in Palatine - but they went bio.

Anyways, I posted this already, but there is a Mobil in South Barrington on Barrington Rd as you exit south from I90. It has D2 diesel, no bio. Cost is $4/gallon. I just got it yesterday and love the way my car runs. This is a newly built station and it looks like the owners opted for quality over cheaper pricing. They even have a 100 octane fuel for petrols - I've never seen this in Illinois before - of course it runs at $8/gallon but still. Gives you the impression that these people value quality of gas vs Illinois tax incentives to push the bio junk.

100 octane is available all over Chicagoland FYI.

Only1Z December 6th, 2013 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelB (Post 4368611)
It is no longer available in WI either http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=341637

You didn't call, did you?

MichaelB December 6th, 2013 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Only1Z (Post 4373702)
You didn't call, did you?

I spoke with E.H. Wolf & Sons the BP distributor in eastern WI and Amoco Premier is not available here anymore do you think I would drive all the way to MI to buy some? Enough antagonism ok?

Only1Z December 8th, 2013 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelB (Post 4374056)
I spoke with E.H. Wolf & Sons the BP distributor in eastern WI and Amoco Premier is not available here anymore do you think I would drive all the way to MI to buy some? Enough antagonism ok?

As I said, it's available. I didn't say to drive there. I said to call there. You replied to me as though I was wrong even though I put it into my car in September. Anyway, it's available in Michigan as I stated originally. If you don't think so, call the BP station on Phoenix Rd. in South Haven, MI. It's okay to be wrong. I'm not antagonizing you. I just wanted proper info to be out there and your info was incorrect.

MichaelB December 8th, 2013 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Only1Z (Post 4375781)
As I said, it's available. I didn't say to drive there. I said to call there. You replied to me as though I was wrong even though I put it into my car in September. Anyway, it's available in Michigan as I stated originally. If you don't think so, call the BP station on Phoenix Rd. in South Haven, MI. It's okay to be wrong. I'm not antagonizing you. I just wanted proper info to be out there and your info was incorrect.

Keep pushin' it eh? Right about now I could care less if your right or wrong. Go to Michigan and buy the fuel BP says they don't supply. How do you know the guy in the station isn't wrong and just telling you he has Amoco Premier? Did you see it delivered and read the receipt. Now I'm done with this topic. Calling the station means nothing.

Only1Z December 16th, 2013 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelB (Post 4375828)
Keep pushin' it eh? Right about now I could care less if your right or wrong. Go to Michigan and buy the fuel BP says they don't supply. How do you know the guy in the station isn't wrong and just telling you he has Amoco Premier? Did you see it delivered and read the receipt. Now I'm done with this topic. Calling the station means nothing.

There are two pumps next to each other. One has regular diesel for 10 cents less and Amoco Premier right next to it for 10 cents more. It's a logo on the pump...lol. It's available, dude.

MichaelB December 17th, 2013 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Only1Z (Post 4384474)
There are two pumps next to each other. One has regular diesel for 10 cents less and Amoco Premier right next to it for 10 cents more. It's a logo on the pump...lol. It's available, dude.

OK I have not been there so you must be right. Next time when I am in the area (maybe never) I will swing in and pay ten cents more to get 47 cetane fuel. Don't know what else to say. You wanted to be right and I guess you are. Does this make you feel better? You are right and I am wrong! Let it die as most of us don't care anyway.

40X40 December 17th, 2013 19:22

Guys, just put him on your ignore list. I did and I haven't regretted it yet!

Bill

MichaelB December 17th, 2013 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by 40X40 (Post 4385549)
Guys, just put him on your ignore list. I did and I haven't regretted it yet!

Bill

I don't wanna be rude but , if I'm on your ignore list how did you pick this up? It should have been ignored.