compack diesel

jim k

TDI
1.9 alh in a mini rod pulling tractor
need some help in designing a cam for a pro stock mini rod with a 1.9 tdi alh 81.5mm bore ,95.5mm stroke, ported and polished head with over size valves. How high of rpm can i get out of this type of a engine build? This engine build is new to me. The diesel engine class is new to our club. Looking for advice and help so we are starting out in the right direction. Located in the central USA Tabor South Dakota

Twitch

TDI
2003 gls jetta tdi 5 speed
If you upgrade the valve springs the alh can rev to 7k safely but would need a lot of fuel up there and a good size turbo to make it worth it to rev it passed 5-5.5k and the vibrations at that rpm level you will need a fluid dampner and would look at upgraded rods it will take a lot of money to make it rev out the diesel is better to use the low end torque they were designed for

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
You're probably going have more replies by posting your question in the Power Enhancement sub-forum than you are here. Power Enhancements

But to answer your question, quite a few people run their ALH TDI up to 6,000 rpm range and I thought I read someone going as high as 6,500 rpm, but don't quote me on that. ;)

Twitch

TDI
2003 gls jetta tdi 5 speed
Theres a video of someone floating around on youtube and think has a thread on here that fully built a alh and free reved it to 9k and engine was fine so depending how deep your pockets are can go pretty high but more reasonable would be 6500-7k