2012 Passat in Automotive Engineering International Digital Editions

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Jetta TDI Premium manual "gone"
I read the article and did not locate how many TDI Passat are scheduled, so how many are scheduled?

VWoA has stated elsewhere that they expect 12% take rate for TDI versions of Passat.

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
Same here, no concrete numbers. Closest measurement read something like this: "remaining 1/3rd of production comprised of TDI and VR6".

So let's take a stab at the TDI/VR6 ratio. I'm guessing Passat TDIs will comprise about half of the remaining 1/3rd, due to the price premium of VR6 (and it's add-ons). And if I'm right, this means lower than projected TDI demand, which will help to decrease pricing and/or increase incentives. Other thoughts?

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Jetta TDI Premium manual "gone"
Same here, no concrete numbers. Closest measurement read something like this: "remaining 1/3rd of production comprised of TDI and VR6".

So let's take a stab at the TDI/VR6 ratio. I'm guessing Passat TDIs will comprise about half of the remaining 1/3rd, due to the price premium of VR6 (and it's add-ons). And if I'm right, this means lower than projected TDI demand, which will help to decrease pricing and/or increase incentives. Other thoughts?
VW product planning expects 12% TDI, so if the plant makes maximum output of 150,000 units there will be a maximum of 18,000 TDI.

I'd guess no more than 10% of the TDI output will be 6 speed manual for the United States, so no more than 1,800 manuals. A rare car.

abctdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Passat GLS
IIRC, only about 20,000 2004/05 passat tdis were produced for NA, so 18,000/yr is almost double the last rate.

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
According to the below post the estimated number of NA dealerships (south of the border excluded) is 729. For grins let's increase that number to 750 for all of NA. There are probably more dealers south of the border, but their average take rates are likely to be much less:

18,000/750 = 24 Passat TDIs per dealer (assuming max production output) That's a promising inventory

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=3560094&postcount=32