alh nozzles

slickkhan

TDI
Jetta
im looking into upgrading the injectors/nozzles on my alh motor, looking for recomendations from members here as to where to purchase them an have them installed. I am even open to purchasing a used set from a member if any available. looking at more of a budget nozzle nothing too crazy (maybe a .205 or .216??)

now the car is stock for now but in the future i do plan on upgrading clutch and turbo if need be. but will be running stock for now.

Thanks

e300d

Veteran Member
TDI
2xBEW wagon 1xALH wagon..both gone...no more diesel for now..have few Mercedes CDIs in family..but now its a Miata and Suburban for me lol...miss the TDI game
im looking into upgrading the injectors/nozzles on my alh motor, looking for recomendations from members here as to where to purchase them an have them installed. I am even open to purchasing a used set from a member if any available. looking at more of a budget nozzle nothing too crazy (maybe a .205 or .216??)

now the car is stock for now but in the future i do plan on upgrading clutch and turbo if need be. but will be running stock for now.

Thanks

I am runnning VEG nozzles. Made in Canada, great deal at 99 for all 4 plus shipping

I just happened to email Luc again:

Luc Plouffe email: luc.plouffe@gmail.com

He is selling .205 and .216 nozzles for ALH for 99 dollars plus shipping. Luc says this: .216 (mesured as 0.232mm on an electronic microscope at Montreal CNRC labs."

I am running the .205s for the last 2 years and about 70 000 km with great results. Highly recommend them.

Just make sure when you get them to get new copper washers for the injectors....Took me about 1 hr, taking my time to swap them in.

Sebastian

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Bosio PP but go for bigger than you need, you can run them in stock but have the potential for more fuel later when you upgrade other stuff, I went straight with the PP764's on a stock car.

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
I've got some SMOG .260s I need to sell, lol. Talk about monster nozzles.. I think these are even bigger then R520's.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
I do believe that Luc (smog)'s nozzles are indeed made in China, but he has found a supplier that has good quality control, as many on the forums have run them (myself included - both .205s and .216s), and I have yet to see anyone complain about receiving a bad nozzle.

I helped Yuri replace his a while back, and he got 200k from a set without issues.

Just make sure you check the spray pattern and injector balance (in vcds) on whatever you install.

fierodough

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle
Alright, looks like i will pull the trigger on a set of smog .216. is slide hammer a must for the install?
I made my own... Not hard if you have a welder.

In my case, it was a must.. my injectors didn't even want to rotate side to side with a wrench and a cheater bar! :/

I beat the shizzle out of them with the slide hammer and some penetrating fluid. they finaly came out..

Once cleaned, I made sure to coat the sides and the head with antiseize, Just do not get ANY on the injector tip.

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
I've done many nozzle installs with just a 17mm wrench.. It's definitely easier with a slide hammer however. All depends on the car.. Some are simple, some require lots of swearing :)

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
I helped Yuri replace his a while back, and he got 200k from a set without issues.
I think both of us are getting old and starting to lose our memories... (you less so than I...)

My "Smog" nozzles were installed at a get-together at Gerry's place in Dorchester, and it was CraigB who helped me put them in... (my records indicate this was in 2005...) They were in for 264839 km... then we put in the Bosio Sprint 520 nozzles at your place... 2009... (they were later balanced by Drivbiwire...) I guess it may be time to replace, although the car runs fine... (I just picked up a set of used injectors with DBW-installed DLC 1019 nozzles... only about 60,000 km on them... will have to swap the # 3 connector...)

For the price, the "Smog" nozzles are fine, but I would want to at least test the spray pattern before inserting the injectors in the car...

Yuri

auto_tech

Vendor
TDI
SOLD - 2001 Jetta blue; 2016 Jetta 1.4TSI 5spd
+1 for the Smog nozzles, the 0.205's are a great mild upgrade and the best value. I managed to get a set of PP520's at the right price so I couldn't turn them down. They make quite a difference over the 0.205's. I've run Smog's nozzles for a little over 250,000km without injector problems.
If you are getting nozzles swapped locally, might want to have someone with VCDS handy to verify timing and IQ after the install.

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta, 2003 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon
Alright, looks like i will pull the trigger on a set of smog .216. is slide hammer a must for the install?
If the injectors are original, the chances of all 4 coming out without a slide hammer are not good.

For the price, the "Smog" nozzles are fine, but I would want to at least test the spray pattern before inserting the injectors in the car...
+1

Best to test after any nozzle swap - all it takes is one speck of crud in the wrong place and you get a melted piston.

Simon

amit9

Veteran Member
TDI
None...
+1 for Luc's Smog nozzles, I've had .205's in my TDI and no issues, good mild upgrade for a reasonable price and support a Canadian supplier...

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
There are a few of us with pop testers around the GTA who can check your nozzles - Wingnut has one, and I've got one here in Cambridge. (Nigels is a lot nicer than mine :D)

You can also take them to a bona-fide diesel shop like performance diesel, sharma diesel, rovan etc...

Axxe

TDI
03 5spd ALH Wagon
There are a few of us with pop testers around the GTA who can check your nozzles - Wingnut has one, and I've got one here in Cambridge. (Nigels is a lot nicer than mine :D)

You can also take them to a bona-fide diesel shop like performance diesel, sharma diesel, rovan etc...
How much would you charge for pop testing? Do you have the capability to balance injectors? If you can't, how much does it cost typically to get them balanced and tested?

Sour_diesel

TDI
2001 jetta tdi
How much would you charge for pop testing? Do you have the capability to balance injectors? If you can't, how much does it cost typically to get them balanced and tested?
I called a performance diesel injection he wanted 75 $ each injector. Too expensivr for me so I just installed them myself no balancing on pp764. It runs great made a huge difference compared to stock

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Pop testing is a good idea to make sure you don't have a leaking injector or defective nozzle which could melt a piston.

Balancing is often not needed - you can check the smooth idle compensation with VCDS after installation. If the values are within specs and close to equal, and the engine runs well, you probably won't gain much by paying for balancing.

DBW charges $US45 per injector, but with shipping $75 locally probably works out about the same.

Simon

DLG_TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 vw golf tdi
:DI just installed smog .216 nozzles. I must say its a straight forward job. #2 #3 injector came out with ease using a 17mm wrench. #1 #4 were absolute bastards with out a slide hammer. Took about 1.5 hrs start to finish. I like the fact the car now pulls like 4th in 5th gear at 120kph. :D

Freestyle72

TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI
HFLOX is Canadian guy as well out of Quebec. A little bit more expensive but I believe the quality is there for sure. Does .205 for $140 and .216 for $150.

I am getting .275s off him :D

muhibmc

Veteran Member
TDI
Previously > 2006 Jetta TDI BRM 5MT [Silver], 2000 Jetta TDI ALH 5MT [Blue] , 2005.5 Jetta BRM DSG [Grey]
ive been wanting to get a set of nozzles for a while now, im leaning towards the SMOG .216

Just wanted to know if there is anyone that can install them for me?

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ive been wanting to get a set of nozzles for a while now, im leaning towards the SMOG .216

Your profile says you have a 2006 - PD engine, not ALH, completely different injectors.

Simon

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
You've got a BRM, before doing any upgrades make sure the cam isn't toast. Once you've figured that out, all you need is a tune.. First mods for a PD aren't nozzles like the older rotary pump engines.

heliguy

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Talked to Luc via email and he has no .205's I dont want to have to mess with any upgrades or changes so basically want a set of stock nozzles or one's that don't need anything altered,replace nozzles balance install. Any other suggestions on cheap quality nozzles?