TDIClub Forums

TDIClub Forums (http://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php)
-   TDI Power Enhancements (http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   gt1756 hybrids .. rate or hate (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=484881)

gmo December 21st, 2017 13:20

gt1756 hybrids .. rate or hate
 
after doing a good bit of digging on the board it seem for the most part folk pick 2052 over 1756.. ther 1756 is not very popular mod and ive seen it push close to 250bhp on some hard pushed units n sub zero temps on dyno, it seem a cheap and cheerful bolt on for a pd for us who cant just shell out for full gtb kits
what your bolt on choice for hybrid on pd an why. 2052/2056 or 1756 or other??
.. my car will be mainly driven hard on tsity b roads and mid term goal of 23o-240bhp and 380lb and as punchy as poss.
(2052 is never really used in uk tbh)
thanks for input

sam- December 21st, 2017 21:59

if you get some skill to adapt yourself the turbo, take a gtb2060vklr or gtd2060vzk, it can make boost pretty quickly and still good if you choose to go with nozzle upgrade for more power.

adamss24 December 21st, 2017 23:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam- (Post 5362487)
if you get some skill to adapt yourself the turbo, take a gtb2060vklr or gtd2060vzk, it can make boost pretty quickly and still good if you choose to go with nozzle upgrade for more power.

The vklr are very problematic, they sufer with high egt and bolts holding chra come undone wrecking the compressor or turbine/vnt nozzle ring...
I would use a gtb2056v Or a 1756vk if you want quick boost! Hybrid based gt2052v. Will work but i would upgrade the turbine as well and it will still work worse than a used gtb turbo!

gmo December 22nd, 2017 00:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamss24 (Post 5362496)
The vklr are very problematic, they sufer with high egt and bolts holding chra come undone wrecking the compressor or turbine/vnt nozzle ring...
I would use a gtb2056v Or a 1756vk if you want quick boost! Hybrid based gt2052v. Will work but i would upgrade the turbine as well and it will still work worse than a used gtb turbo!

next turbo is deffo a gtb2056vk with 9 or 11 blade billet wheel mate , you reckon a gt2052 would spool better make same boost 1756 and hold boost in more stable fashion.. no one seems to use them round here , everyone i know picks the 1756 over the 2052 or hybrid 2060 or x man 1856 hybrid.

CNGVW December 22nd, 2017 06:01

I have run 1722 ,1756,2060 on the Beetle in the real world of roadracing .
We ran the 1722 at 27 lb of boost for a few years worked very good but ran out of steam a 4000 we did test the 2060 but I did not like how it pulled of the turn.
The 1756 work great on the track it pulled so hard of ever turn . It would walk BMW, Poesches too . It was in a ALH build.
http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/500/medium/IMG_13641.JPG

gmo December 22nd, 2017 06:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by CNGVW (Post 5362547)
I have run 1722 ,1756,2060 on the Beetle in the real world of roadracing .
We ran the 1722 at 27 lb of boost for a few years worked very good but ran out of steam a 4000 we did test the 2060 but I did not like how it pulled of the turn.
The 1756 work great on the track it pulled so hard of ever turn . It would walk BMW, Poesches too . It was in a ALH build.
http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/500/medium/IMG_13641.JPG


gt or newer gtbs mate .. i ran a va with aa blade at 33 peak and held 28. is was like **** oif **** but ran out of puff early

[486] December 24th, 2017 17:32

doing it again, I'd ditch the small frame turbos right off the bat and find something of proper size like a VGT s200, or a VGT holset off a cummins dodge

like injectors, just buy ones of proper size to start with

adamss24 December 25th, 2017 01:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by [486] (Post 5363239)
doing it again, I'd ditch the small frame turbos right off the bat and find something of proper size like a VGT s200, or a VGT holset off a cummins dodge

like injectors, just buy ones of proper size to start with

A s200 is a bit overkill on a puny 1.9 tdi however a. Gtb2260vk is plenty big enough for it and with decent lag so wont spool at 4k rpms

gmo December 25th, 2017 04:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamss24 (Post 5363284)
A s200 is a bit overkill on a puny 1.9 tdi however a. Gtb2260vk is plenty big enough for it and with decent lag so wont spool at 4k rpms

that what i was thinking mate . darkside had a holest hx on a 1.9 pd arl and really make any boost at alltill 3k some like 50lb and 40 bhp at 3k lol and peaked about 4. fine for 1/4 mile stuff but that about it. mind you when it got wound up the graph shot up lol they had few with john deere 300sx vnt what was more resonsive iirc lol

i drive on twisty north uk b roads so a punchy turbo is must have, 260 bhp and 400lb is goal but the more midrange the better, i dont want to have rev its cock off to get full boost... why can you have antilag on dervs lol

adamss24 December 25th, 2017 13:47

a friend of mine has a pd 1.9 tdi vw caddy with a darkside gtb2260vk kit on it, aftermarket forged rods, firad large nozzles (something really silly +180%) and it goes like clappers! It did cost an arm and leg but it really goes. I have not driven the van- just been in the passenger seat but it does shift nicely!

Mongler98 December 25th, 2017 14:24

I cant hate on any turbo, no matter the size. more vroom vroom woshhhh

adamss24 December 25th, 2017 23:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmo (Post 5362504)
next turbo is deffo a gtb2056vk with 9 or 11 blade billet wheel mate , you reckon a gt2052 would spool better make same boost 1756 and hold boost in more stable fashion.. no one seems to use them round here , everyone i know picks the 1756 over the 2052 or hybrid 2060 or x man 1856 hybrid.

I have fitted a gtb1756vk on a 2.0 tdi quattro audi a3 2007 model, it was going greață with a remap from Unicorn Racing, however it wasnt without issues,The manifold and turbo kit(a gtb2260vk in the beginning) where from Xman with one of his fancy billet compressor wheels however it was very slow to spool, badly adjusted leaking EMP and the customer sent it back. I then fitted a 1756vk core to it and it was a blast to drive- quick spooling and loads of torque from tick over. The customer drove it hard for a year or two till the car got written off due to a minor accident. The xman kit came with a log style manifold which needed extensive modification to fit: cut and shut and a new flange to fit the new style gtb1756vk exhaust flange. Personally I can live with a bit of lag and I will rather take a stock cast wheel over a shiny billet wheel of unknown origin !

gmo December 26th, 2017 03:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mongler98 (Post 5363426)
I cant hate on any turbo, no matter the size. more vroom vroom woshhhh


:D good man!! and boost is good boost im my book

gmo December 26th, 2017 03:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamss24 (Post 5363502)
I have fitted a gtb1756vk on a 2.0 tdi quattro audi a3 2007 model, it was going greață with a remap from Unicorn Racing, however it wasnt without issues,The manifold and turbo kit(a gtb2260vk in the beginning) where from Xman with one of his fancy billet compressor wheels however it was very slow to spool, badly adjusted leaking EMP and the customer sent it back. I then fitted a 1756vk core to it and it was a blast to drive- quick spooling and loads of torque from tick over. The customer drove it hard for a year or two till the car got written off due to a minor accident. The xman kit came with a log style manifold which needed extensive modification to fit: cut and shut and a new flange to fit the new style gtb1756vk exhaust flange. Personally I can live with a bit of lag and I will rather take a stock cast wheel over a shiny billet wheel of unknown origin !

i lke billet just for fact i know its stronger than cast mate as long it from good metal and made in us or eu and great choice of styles .. the 11 blade made huge difference to spool on my vb

i had few issue with xman. vnt set mile out and

i didnt know you could fit a 1756 core ina 2260? can you elaborate please.

adamss24 December 26th, 2017 10:21

Its almost a direct fit however the core needs the compressor housing as well- on the gtb2260vk the chra is one piece steel but on the gtb 1756vk the chra is conventional(2 piece) and the back plate is held with screws just like on the gt series...


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:30.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright - TDIClub Online LTD - 2017

Page generated in 0.09468 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 20.56 Kb. compressed to 19.56 Kb. by saving 1.00 Kb. (4.85%)]