Jetta & TDI "red I" emblems WANTED

Jedda03SGP

TDI
2003 Jetta
Any help....I need new OEM emblems for the rear deck lid on my 2003 TDI. Anyone have suggestions for best sites for these? Looking for the TD"red I" emblem if I can get it....car doesn't have the options but I like that emblem.

TIA
Steve

Gothmolly

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf
You can also get them from ebay, w/o having to know the part numbers. FWIW, the total red TDI badge implies the 150hp version, the red DI badge is the 130, and the red I is the 110. Our lowly 90 hp versions only deserve the all-silver badge.

ScottyB

TDI
99 Golf, Red
I was like you, I didn't know what it meant so I figure most everybody else on the road wouldn't either :D but I liked the look. I found mine pretty cheap on Ebay

OnePutt

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf (Silver) | 2005 Jetta Wagon (Spice Red)
DOH...I got the red TDI badge and didn't know that it actually stood for something. I just liked the look.

HMM...maybe I need to remove it an go with the Green badge since I'm running B20 with plans to increase the percentage of bio once I am comfortable running the B20.

Is it really lame if I just keep the red badge?

BlackJet01

TDI
01 Jetta
My Jetta did not have the TDI emblem at all on the trunk lid. I think previous owners changed lid.

I do not like the "red" lettered emblems. I think the all chrome looks better!! I just received my chrome letters today. :) Now I need to look at somebody's TDI to make sure I get mine on right. :D

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
Get whatever letters you like and personalize it! The NA cars don't have many of the options that other VW's have, so add/change/modify to your heart's delight. Since the higher output sport TDI engines don't rightly exist here, your red letters don't really claim anything other than style (or modifications for some people). Have fun!

Jedda03SGP

TDI
2003 Jetta
Blackjet, I just laid a piece of paper over an existing and rubbed with a pencil, kinda made one of those "leaf" pictures we did in grade school. It worked well to locate mine.