Headliner repair - Houston area

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Wagon (chainless + 5 MT + GDE tune)
Any positive experiences with headliner repair in the Houston area? Southeast Houston is preferable.

jokila

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, Manual
Any positive experiences with headliner repair in the Houston area? Southeast Houston is preferable.
I am planning on using Threasa's Upholstery in New Caney in a few weeks. I know, I know. Far to drive, but it got very good recommendations from a previous customer. She quoted me $160 to redo my headliner (including sunroof).

Threasa Custom Upholstery
19344 Fm 1485 Rd, New Caney, TX 77357
(281) 399-1101

Kruso

Veteran Member
TDI
MKIV Jetta TDI Red, MKIV Jetta TDI Green, MKV Jetta TDI Silver DSG.
That's what I did as well, fairly straight forward swap. The most perplexing part was how to remove the old foam off of the headliner once the cloth was removed before laying on the new glue and new material. Once I figured out that a $2 brush/ broom scrubs it right off almost effortlessly in long strokes everything else was a piece of cake. I think I might have taken pics of it to do a DIY writeup but never got around to posting it.

SoaceMunky

Veteran Member
TDI
Blue Anthracite Golf IV, 13 miles and counting ;)
wow. are you me? My headliner started sagging about three months ago, second summer since I moved to Houston. I was thinking about using thumb tacks and just pin it up.

On a related note, how hard is it to remove the headliner, and reinstall it, doing it myself? I've always wanted dark purple velvet headliner..
Do I have to worry about broken clips? What about that foam? Did you just scrub it off, and lay down the new material on glue, with no backing?

Cha2ga

Veteran Member
TDI
'11 JSW
I did my beetle. My daughter bought the fleece. My wife and I removed the headliner, cleaned the substrate, glued the material,, reinstalled in the car on a Sunday afternoon! We matched the door panels a different day!!

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Wagon (chainless + 5 MT + GDE tune)
I have a Passat station wagon with sunroof. I think I will let a professional do it. I found a place with good reviews in League City, TX.